Eachine wizard x220s

Discussion in 'First Build' started by Mattcurrie93, May 22, 2018.

1. Mattcurrie93

Mattcurrie93 New Member

hi guys

I got a dji spark from work as an award and I love it. So been watching people with these fpv drones do cool tricks and manuovers with goggles. Looks amazing.

Anyway got my self a wizard x220s all ready to fly, just doesn’t come with goggles etc as I will buy them at a later date. I also bought a lipo alarm.

The question, when I buy the goggles what will I need to do to connect it to the quad?
    Will I have to solder some sort of transmitter on the drone camera to connect with the antenna on the goggles?

Also, what’s the battery life like on these things? I got a 1500mah 4s 14.8v 75c battery

Thanks

2. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Turn them on and match the channel that the quad's VTX is using or vice versa. There are many to choose from.

EAC vtx .JPG

3. BL Swagger

BL Swagger Well-Known Member

You will need a VTX (like the pic Jackson posted) to connect to the goggles. Get the goggles as soon as possible.. or hop on a simulator to practice. Flying line of sight will feel totally different than FPV. Good goggles are pricey, though. I have been using these Eachine Goggles for the last 2 years. Not great, but they work and are cheap. They actually came with an Eachine quad. Luckily, I have Fatshark Dominators on the way . Can't wait to finally get my hands on them..

I have never had my goggle's battery run out, mainly bc I always charge it after flying.

A battery on the quad may last 10 mins. Start stocking up on 4s batteries. More batteries, more flying.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  4. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

That is a pic of the Wizard. It comes with one.

5. Mattcurrie93

Mattcurrie93 New Member

Ok brilliant. I’ll order some goggles payday!