Eachine Lizard 95 setup help

Discussion in 'Tiny Whoops & Other Micro Quads' started by Rick M, May 27, 2018.

1. Rick M

Rick M Absent-minded professor

Ok, got the new Lizard 95 mostly set up and ready to go, soft mounted the motors, bound (Flysky FS-i6x) mapped all the modes, and then checking all the controls in Betaflight (newest version), I get this weirdness. This is with full throttle input: 2018-05-27_140435.jpg

2. BL Swagger

BL Swagger Well-Known Member

I had a similar issue one time. I was recommended to put props on and see how it reacts (which it is also recommended NOT to have props on while bench testing...) but the point is that without props, the flight controller is fighting itself because its sitting stationary on a bench and your pushing throttle input and nothing happens. It still sits flat on the bench which confuses the sensors because it should expect change.

3. Rick M

Tried doing an esc calibration and one motor smoked when I ran them up. Looks like a bad esc, so I contacted Banggood for a replacement. *sigh*

4. Rick M

Nope, it was doing the same thing with props on. Motors wouldn't spin up to full throttle and one would barely turn at all. :(

5. BL Swagger

BL Swagger Well-Known Member

Well goodluck with being patient waiting on the replacement. It drives me crazy waiting.. I end up buying more stuff

Rick M likes this.
  6. Rick M

Replacement arrived and I did most of the setup Monday. ESC's look good so far, so I'm going to do the motor soft mount and dial in the expo's a bit and it should be ready for test flight.

7. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

Going by that picture the minimum end points maybe different in blheli.
    When you throttle up they should all be equal unless pitch, roll, yawing.
    Read setup, in blheli & change the minimum to 1000 on all four esc's then check they correspond with the configuration tab min & max endpoints.

8. mozquito1

If this doesn't work try a board reset on the setup tab next to gyro calibration.
    But don't load any previous saved settings. Start fresh.

Rick M likes this.
  9. Rick M

Moz, so far this one looks fine. I think the 4:1 ESC was defective in the first one.

10. mozquito1

I'd put that away for a rainy day ,u never know with a bit more experience ,u may find a solution.