Eachine EX2 mini

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by roger jones, Jan 11, 2019.

1. roger jones

roger jones Well-Known Member

Interesting looking drone

2. Dugdog47

Dugdog47 Well-Known Member

Look like a good flying quad if you want a smaller version of the bugs 3.

The "acro mode" on it is questionable and not being able to switch between acro and stable with a switch makes it almost useable.

3. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Sweet deal at$65 (deal going on.)

4. roger jones

@Dugdog47 I think you can switch, but you have to land first. Is that what you meant?

5. Dugdog47

Yeah it helps if you can switch acro on and off while flying.

6. roger jones

Is that like a last chance save option?
    I have never tried acro, but it does feel like the next level of pure. But like a old school Porsche.

Dugdog47 likes this.
  7. Dugdog47

If you're not used to acro it could be used as a last ditch save option, but I like to switch to angle mode for landings. Landing in acro mode can be problematic.

roger jones likes this.
  8. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

@roger jones are you still doing the rock thing. I got out for an hour yesterday morning and when my Lipo's had ran out I checked some posts out and remembered what you said a while ago.
    It ain't easy brother, not with pebbles anyway.

9. roger jones

Yes @mozquito1 still balancing, on and off. Looking forward to warmer weather. Like all things, you get better with practice.

Attached Files:

10. roger jones

This is one of my mates balances. Another level...

Attached Files:

11. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

Superglue level:D
    That must take some patience, I'll start with bricks.

roger jones likes this.
  12. Dugdog47

I've decided to order this quad to try out and give to my nephew when I get bored of it lol. Since it comes with tx, fpv screen and goggles it's a great deal for $100.

roger jones likes this.
  13. roger jones

@Dugdog47 looking forward to your review

Dugdog47 likes this.
  14. Dugdog47

Well I got the eachine ex2 mini (AKA bugs 3 mini clone lol) it's a good flying quad, would be great for beginners.

The screen that comes with it works good with its fpv camera, although I haven't tried the goggles because they are too small for my head lol.

The camera's vtx signal however is 5.8ghz so it's compatible with my fatsharks so I was able to try some fpv action. I don't really recommend this quad for fpv because you can't tilt the camera so your looking at the ground if you try to get any speed.

The battery has the five pin connectors so you can't use regular lipos, you'll have to buy proprietary batteries made special for it.

All in all a great buy for beginners, if my nephew deems himself worthy to fly this bird he will love it (he's only 9).

roger jones likes this.
  15. roger jones