Eachine 2D gopro gimbal

Discussion in 'New Products' started by holtneil, May 17, 2015.

1. holtneil

holtneil Well-Known Member Moderator

upload_2015-5-17_19-4-20.png 61lspQj4IuL._SX522_.jpg 61PnGBhscCL._SX522_.jpg Hi guys Eachine is selling this 2D gimbal it a great price and a really nice bit of kit , its listed for the DJI Phantom but will fit any multi rotor , it has its own 8 bit camera controller so dose not have to run off the FCB , but if you do have the Phantom there is a servo lead to plug off the second set of pins on the board to the naza FCB so you can tilt the camera with the transmitter gimbal stick
    I downloaded and installed the older 8-bit SimpleBGC v2.2-b2. This Windows program requires Java (runtime). This appears to be a cloned-controller, so I think you are risking a bricking with flashing any other firmware. I'm not planning to do any firmware upgrades.
    upload_2015-5-17_19-4-20.png

This version of SimpleBGC is fine and seems to work good. The "Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge" driver loaded fine on this laptop. Mine connects with COM5. Its Cycle Time is counting and there are no I2C errors reported. Since it appears to have retrieved the current settings (from the controller) on start, I saved "Profile 1" as the shipping-defaults. Lots of settings here and I suggest you consult manual docs and not change anything that you are not familiar with.I wont redo the great video Brian has done at painless 360 so here is the video

Here is a short video of the gimbal in action ,camera is a Turnigy action camera

Getbestcopter likes this.
  2. GJH105775

GJH105775 Avid Linux User, and U.S. Air Force 1C6 Moderator

Haha, I have to wait until they are back in stock. But I think you can also allow your FC to control it if the firmware is not the best.

3. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

4. GJH105775

Haha, I have to wait until Eachine gets them back in stock on Amazon.

5. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

You one of them rich guys? ~$35 MORE at Amazon. And I bet Mr. Flying the vendor, is outta China.

6. GJH105775

Haha, they are sending it to me for free :p Certainly coming from China, but I like that is is aluminium, instead of plastic like most products from China. That way if it breaks I can rep[air it easily.

7. holtneil

Hi George you will love the quad its 3d and does fly well inverted

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  8. GJH105775

Haha, it will be around June 5. The rest of the stuff should be here this week. Just checked, a few of them will be here today, still have to wait on the quadcopter.

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  9. holtneil

Well the quad is hard to fly inverted , I got it to hover but all controls are back to front

10. GJH105775

Inverted flight, but not true 3D by the looks of it haha, just a selling point then?

11. holtneil

Only a variable pitch quad will do 3d but not all quads that are not fly inverted ( selling point) lol

12. GJH105775

My quad will fly inverted, but it is moving strait down at a nice speed haha.

13. holtneil

Now thats called, the suicide dive, in hotdogging , flip quad over and give it full power and flip back over just time not to crash

14. GJH105775

Haha, how do you give it negative throttle, just uses the gyro to know when it needs it?

15. holtneil

OK it like this the throttle and pitch works on the one stick ( throttle stick) so we fly on a fixed throttle so the throttle stick now only adjusts pitch, So when the heli is inverted you give it neg pitch to climb up which is down on the throttle stick
    The throttle stick in 3D works like this from mid stick down the pitch gets greater( neg pitch ) inverted flying mid stick is hover point mid to full up the pitch gets greater( pos pitch ) heli normal way up, but while your doing this your balancing the heli with the cyclic but remember left is right ,right is left , backwards is forward ,forward is backwards down is up ,up is down

16. GJH105775

Haha, I'll have to try it xD.

17. young666

young666 New Member

the product that you show above is great. maybe i will buy it after getting more specific information. SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 CASE

Samsung Galaxy S6 cover

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  18. holtneil

Hi mate there is not a lot to them really , its light, I thought the box was empty when it came lol , just dont run it with no camera on the gimbal the software is just in case you fit a lighter camera you can adjust the gains to stop any shake

19. pat35249

pat35249 New Member

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  20. holtneil

They are worth the wait ,its a nice bit of kit