Drone /w Thermal

Discussion in 'Experimentation' started by kaiserse0ze, Jan 29, 2016.

1. kaiserse0ze

kaiserse0ze Member

I am looking for some help / partnership/ advise on getting a drone with a thermal camera that can cover 300+ acres of land (preferably in a single charge)
    Hog hunting in my area is big business...but it all relies on driving / walking around to find them...or sitting around and waiting for hours and hours.
    Heli hunting is effective but far to expensive...so i was looking for some middle ground using drones to scout / locate the targets and then stalking to them on foot.
    Open to any discussions with anyone else that might be willing to partner up and try to have some fun and turn this into a weekend business.
    email is best way to reach me for conversations

2. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

So where is your 'area'?

3. kaiserse0ze

kaiserse0ze Member

Guess that help to add

Im in North TX - D/FW

4. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

A friend and I were talking about the same thing a couple days ago. He's a deer hunter and he just bought a quad. His idea is to sit in his stand and fly around in FPV looking for deer in the area. But I don't see how this can be done, isn't it kind of like driving a car and reading a book at the same time?

5. kaiserse0ze

kaiserse0ze Member

i think that is perfectly fine from a scouting perspective...with maybe a hint of 'thats not fair' but i wouldn't mind doing that from time to time just to get an idea of the population...tracking fawns in the spring....

i just have no idea what the quads are capable of doing and how good thermal camera technology on quads is.

6. kaiserse0ze

kaiserse0ze Member

7. kaiserse0ze

kaiserse0ze Member

guess this is a dead idea