drone attack venezuela

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ArmyVet, Aug 6, 2018.

1. ArmyVet

ArmyVet Well-Known Member

2. ArmyVet

You would think someone would have captured the drones on their phone?

But wait..............inflation.

As a result, smartphone prices have risen even faster than the cost of food and basic necessities. A brand new iPhone 6 on a local Venezuelan e-commerce site costs about 300,000 bolivars—or about $47,250, according to the official exchange rate—while a less sophisticated Samsung model might cost about $3,000.Jun 23, 2015

3. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

Even on th British Bullshitting Corporate
    News they're saying it wasn't a drone.
    Apparently it was a gas cannister.
    & he paranoid of drones. Because he's up to no good.

ArmyVet likes this.
  4. ArmyVet

Ahh well now I have remove the posting and move it to the GAS Forum :rolleyes:

5. mozquito1

From what I saw was just an explosion.
    Nothing hovering.
    Local news say there was a fire & cannister went off. People probably are using drones to find out what he doing & he using it.

wafflejock and ArmyVet like this.
  6. ArmyVet

7. mozquito1

Yep that's a drone :oops:
    It looks like one of them nitrogen ones that go for hour & hours.
    Basically anything can be weaponised,
    a dolls pram or even an ice cream.

8. Jake Jhonson

Jake Jhonson Well-Known Member

Drones will be ban in this country after the explosion i think

9. ArmyVet

10. ArmyVet

Especially DJI IT seems..ughh

11. mozquito1

Don't know if BBC changed there story yet.

12. Jake Jhonson

13. ArmyVet

Waiting on the video to surface from the Drone..........hehehe

14. wafflejock

wafflejock Well-Known Member

Can't say I didn't see this coming, one of my brother's friends asked me about the feasibility of such an attack/assassination attempt since he was writing a sci-fi novel and wanted that to be part of the story, but wanted to make sure he wasn't saying anything that was technically impossible. Like you say anything can basically be weaponized but the articles and postings about this are going to be headlined as you headlined this thread 'drone attacks Venezuelan President' rather than activists make assassination attempt. Strange how when it's a gun or a knife we just leave that part of it out of the headline but it's a 'drone' with a mind of its own right ;).

15. ArmyVet

Actually my headline said "drone attack venezuela". I missed the word "in". I meant ""drone attack in venezuela". I tend to try to type to fast and have not figured out hot to edit the title. ughh
    Nevertheless, I try not to induce politics too much. If it was a drone with a knife or a gun, I would have said so. In this case it was a drone attack in Venezuela. I omitted the explosives part.

I am not trying to demonize drones or guns or knives or explosives. Just reporting the facts. Actually copy and pasting the facts as some one else sees it. I was not in Venezuela.

I will allow that drones are getting a bad name. I did not post the latest one about the child that got cut in the face with a drone. Unfortunately, that reputation may be deserved if we the law abiding responsible hobbyist do not try to police out own hobby.

Sad state of affairs.

16. wafflejock

wafflejock Well-Known Member

Sure I wasn't meaning to attack your title I figured it was basically copy paste from how you'd seen it reported so far, was just pointing out this is how the headline is/will likely be presented to the general public as well (and that the focus should be more on the perpetrators and motive rather than the means). Throwing in a headline about a drone used to attempting murder is the way they'll spin this into something novel and try to pull the readers in I imagine. Doubt if anyone in the US would really pay attention to an article about a foreign leader failed assassination attempt without that headline.

Just makes me think of how quadcopters/drones all get lumped together and people assume all of them are great surveillance devices. There are telephoto cameras that easily get a better view and there are (obviously) better weapons for killing an individual. The news is just annoying with how they twist things to rope people in, nothing against you armyvet.

17. Jake Jhonson

Instead of using it for assissination this drones can be useful in many ways.

ArmyVet likes this.
  18. ArmyVet

No offense taken in the slightest.
    It is a great hobby and the possibilities for the positive are tremendous.
    Have fun!

19. ArmyVet