DJI Phantom 4 Pros and Cons

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Alex Cross, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Alex Cross

Alex Cross New Member

DJI Phantom 4 Pros

Great Flight time (up to 28 minutes) and speed (up to 72 kph)
    Great Flight distance (up to 5000 meters)
    Great Video and Photo quality
    FPV Support

DJI Phantom 4 Cons

Please write your pros and cons for DJI Phantom 4
  2. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

It's all a con. Prices, customer support, registration..
  3. ringolong

ringolong Well-Known Member

I loved everything about mine, and only sold it since I was getting a p4p. I did not like that it was white, but now you can get a version that is black.

The only real con I think of is the low light performance.
  4. Rick M

Rick M Absent-minded professor

You pretty much nailed it, and I'd add a couple more cons:

You need to read instructions carefully when updating firmware on the drone, the TX/controller, and the DJI Go 4 app. In fact, read, read, read, if you are planning on buying a DJI bird. Know the controls, the interface, the settings, the configurations, everything. They're complicated. If you don't want complicated, that's fine - there are plenty of other options.

Depending on who you ask, their customer service ranges from pretty decent to "they are fraudster crooks who should all be locked up." I'd suggest buying from DJI though Amazon, because Amazon's return policies are far better than DJI's if you have an 'out of the box' issue.

I love my Phantom 4. The closest thing I have had to a real issue was the drone being unsteady in the air after a firmware update. I connected it to DJI Assistant 2 on my PC, did a 'factory reset' and re-downloaded and installed the new firmware. That fixed it perfectly.

If you are considering it as your first drone, I think it's a terrible idea. The Phantoms pretty much try to nearly fly themselves and do a very good job at it. If you for any reason experience any unexpected event you need to know how to actually fly or you will be screwed. Go buy a good, cheap (<$100, and probably a lot less) toy grade quad and have a blast learning to fly it. Once you have good line-of-sight flying skill, buy a Phantom or a Mavic, or maybe even a Spark.
    mozquito1 likes this.
  5. Utsav Chopra

Utsav Chopra Member

Maybe someone has already written a detailed review on it.
  6. Diven

Diven Well-Known Member

Upgrade version better than older
    Utsav Chopra likes this.
  7. Utsav Chopra

Utsav Chopra Member

8. Gadget Inspector

Gadget Inspector Be good to somebody and be good to yourself.

I picked up a refurb for $699 yesterday. Not sure if they're still that price. Couldn't pass it up. Refurbs get the exact same warranty as new drones and from what I've seen/heard from others, they look brand new. Mine will be here Friday. I'll be testing everything and documenting it with videos on my channel.
  9. Rick M

Rick M Absent-minded professor

That's about what I paid for mine, refurbished. It looked and flew as new. Looking forward to seeing how you like yours!
    Gadget Inspector likes this.
  10. Gadget Inspector

Gadget Inspector Be good to somebody and be good to yourself.

Oh great, I keep hearing that so glad to get more confirmation. Can't wait till Friday.
    Rick M likes this.