Custom Legs for Cheerson CX-20

Discussion in 'Frame Design' started by bbodnyk, Sep 1, 2015.

1. bbodnyk

bbodnyk Active Member

While I've only had my CX-20 a short while I did manage to crack one of the stock legs. I've replaced them with my own 3d printed legs that should never break! Printed on a Mark One 3d printer in nylon, the legs also incorporate fiberglass for strength. The cross piece is reinforced with Kevlar and is intended to function as a shock absorber and lessen the strain on the embedded fasteners that attach the legs to the body.

cx-20_legs.jpg

2. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

You cursed them now. :)

3. GJH105775

GJH105775 Avid Linux User, and U.S. Air Force 1C6x1 Moderator

The design is pretty simple, yet impressive at the same time. Can you post plans and maybe specs (weight and size) here somewhere?

Haha yes, now something odd will happen and they'll break xD. I said the same thing about a frame I built and it looked like it got ran over a few times with a lawnmower in a freak crash I had xD

4. bbodnyk

bbodnyk Active Member

Attached are pdfs of drawings of the two parts making up the landing gear. I tried to attach the stl files but couldn't.

Attached Files:

GJH105775 likes this.
  5. bbodnyk

bbodnyk Active Member

The attached photo shows my latest modification of my Cheerson cx-20 landing gear. Previously the legs were attached directly to the body which was not good because the force of a hard landing would then be transferred to the attachment points on the body causing the body to break. My solution was to fasten the legs to a stiff plate and attach the entire unit to the body. Now the force of any hard impact will be transferred to the plate which because of the embedded Kevlar fiber will bend slightly but not break. In addition, the landing gear assembly is not fastened rigidly to the body but is spring loaded allowing about 2 1/2mm of movement between the body and the plate which further acts as a shock adsorb-er to remove any stresses to the body. The plate also provides an attachment point for my diy camera gimble.

landing_gear_lowres.jpg

RGJameson likes this.