1. NOTICE: We're currently noticing some EMAIL DELIVERY ISSUES to Outlook and Hotmail email addresses. If you're a new member and don't receive your confirmation email, feel free to reach out to us via the contact link at the bottom right of the page.
    Dismiss Notice

Converting props on a Blade mach25?

Discussion in 'Parts & Components' started by Rook223, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Rook223

Rook223 Member

I just got a mach 25, its my first, and I'm having fun with it. My problem comes in with props... they are a proprietary self tightening system and I want to convert it to be able to accept any prop... they pegs look too small to fit a prop and a nut, so my question is, do I need to get an adapter? or can I just get different props and put a 5mm nut on it?

2. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Rather confusing post.

What are the measurements? Height of the prop shaft and diameter? Post a pic if you can

3. Rook223

Rook223 Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    this is a picture of the "proprietary" blade mach 25 props ccw and cw blades have a different shape that the nut fits inside so they self tighten.

they are hard to find and expensive, and break when you look at them with a raised eyebrow. but because the nut fits inside the prop I cant use just any propeller

here is a picture of the motor adapter

[​IMG]

I cant seem to find an adapter that will let me use regular props. this is where I need the help =/

4. Jackson

How big are the props and what are these measurements. Remove the rubber o-ring.

Blade .png

5. Rook223

Rook223 Member

Blade 5x4.5 Bullnose Propeller w/ 5mm insert is the part description

and the measurement of the mount without the rubber o ring is roughly 5mm wide by 10mm tall, here is a picture of my actual prop

proplems.jpg

you can see at the base it has a slight camber

6. Jackson

7. Rook223

Rook223 Member

I didn't even think to look at props with the nut built in, worth a try for 2 bucks lol. thanks for the help, I live in the country so next time I head to the city I'll check in at a hobby shop too. maybe they can try some props before I buy a bunch of parts that don't fit lol