Converting props on a Blade mach25?

Discussion in 'Parts & Components' started by Rook223, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Rook223

Rook223 Member

I just got a mach 25, its my first, and I'm having fun with it. My problem comes in with props... they are a proprietary self tightening system and I want to convert it to be able to accept any prop... they pegs look too small to fit a prop and a nut, so my question is, do I need to get an adapter? or can I just get different props and put a 5mm nut on it?

2. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Rather confusing post.

What are the measurements? Height of the prop shaft and diameter? Post a pic if you can

3. Rook223

Rook223 Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    this is a picture of the "proprietary" blade mach 25 props ccw and cw blades have a different shape that the nut fits inside so they self tighten.

they are hard to find and expensive, and break when you look at them with a raised eyebrow. but because the nut fits inside the prop I cant use just any propeller

here is a picture of the motor adapter

[​IMG]

I cant seem to find an adapter that will let me use regular props. this is where I need the help =/

4. Jackson

How big are the props and what are these measurements. Remove the rubber o-ring.

Blade .png

5. Rook223

Rook223 Member

Blade 5x4.5 Bullnose Propeller w/ 5mm insert is the part description

and the measurement of the mount without the rubber o ring is roughly 5mm wide by 10mm tall, here is a picture of my actual prop

proplems.jpg

you can see at the base it has a slight camber

6. Jackson

7. Rook223

Rook223 Member

I didn't even think to look at props with the nut built in, worth a try for 2 bucks lol. thanks for the help, I live in the country so next time I head to the city I'll check in at a hobby shop too. maybe they can try some props before I buy a bunch of parts that don't fit lol