Can I make a Gimbal drone using parts from my Eachine 250?

Discussion in 'First Build' started by Kyle Campbell, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Kyle Campbell

Kyle Campbell New Member

So I bought an Eachine Racer 250 second hand to step up from a toy drone, after flying around with the GoPro on it I have been wanting to get better, more stable video's of the landscape and I simply do not have the budget for a quality gimbal drone. So I was thinking... Can I use the electronics from this drone (minus the motors and battery) to build a drone capable of lifting a gimbal?

I would use a bigger body obviously.

Now baring in mind I do not know much at all about the technical bits of drones, but I have a feeling that someone is going to tell me I can't use it because of how much power goes through it or something ?? and something to do with the change of the speed to the motors (bigger ones obvs).

2. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

You could probably bolt legs & a gimbal onto the 250 frame. I used to fly a ZMR with 2 cameras & fpv gear.
    You could lower the pitch angle & pids so it's more smooth. Gimbals don't weigh that much.

LHazleton likes this.
  3. mozquito1

What type of camera do you intend to use

4. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

5. KentA

KentA Well-Known Member

Jackson and Spork like this.
  6. Spork

Spork Well-Known Member

LOL - same here. I've only been around this site for a couple weeks and have already accumulated a dozen or more bookmarks of stuff I'll be shopping for when I have some more quad budget available. Don't take it the wrong way, Cowboy, but sometimes when I see your posts, I feel like you are my drug drone dealer, LOL.

KentA and mozquito1 like this.
  7. mozquito1

Stop it, his head will swell up:p

Spork and Gyro Doctor like this.
  8. Gyro Doctor

Gyro Doctor Electronics Tech for 45 years

9. Spork

Spork Well-Known Member

Here's another take on an inexpensive gimbal. ;)

Jackson and KentA like this.