Butter Kwad

Discussion in 'Build Logs' started by Jay3282, May 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Jay3282

Jay3282 Member

I've been wanting to build a racer style quad to specifically use for video work for quite a while now and the "Butter Kwad" really peaked my Interest so im really stoked to be putting one together this week. I dont know what will be staying on it or what is truly even a good setup for me but I'm diving to the project to find out. So far these are the parts I have to use with it
    • Martian II main body/frame
    • Impulse alien 6 Inch arms
    • Kiss FC or a Spf3
    • Matek XT60 PDB
    • Emax RS2205
    • Makerfire 30 AMP ESC
    • Wolfwhoop T86
    • Frysky X4rsb
    • Taranis qx7

• GoPro3+Black

2. Dugdog47

Dugdog47 Well-Known Member

Will it have that new "butterflight" firmware flashed?

3. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

That X4RBS is going to be a tight squeeze

4. Jay3282

Jay3282 Member

I'm not sure yet, so far I have only been using cleanflight since it was what came preflashed on my previous FC, I didnt know there was butterflight until you mentioned it. It looks cool though, have you tried it yet? or do you have any thoughts on it?

5. Jay3282

Jay3282 Member

Thanks for the heads up, I ordered it without putting much thought into its size. I'm fairly good at finding ways to make things work and can likely manage to get it in there but Worst case scenario I will use it for a different project and order something smaller

6. RENOV8R

I've tried it, not much difference. The reason I now shy away from Buttflight is the fact that it's basically hacks who've taken the code that the Betaflight devs worked on for years, changed a couple lines of the code for different Kalman filters and claimed the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Jay3282 likes this.
  7. Dugdog47

Dugdog47 Well-Known Member

I haven't tried it yet but I kinda agree with RENOV8R it's a rip off. I have betaflight on two quads that fly great and I see no reason to change. I only asked about it because of the title of this thread.

8. RENOV8R

Also curious about the choice of frame. Will the Alien arms even fit the Martian II frame? Personally I would have just ordered the IRC Alien frame.

Jay3282 likes this.
  9. Jay3282

Jay3282 Member

I would too now. But before I knew anything about different company's and developers I ordered a martian frame from Amazon just to start checking the hobby out. After I learned more about it I decided to buy the 6" Arms from Immersion partly just to show some support to them. The arms do fit just fine but if I build a second one it will be 100% Alien parts because I would rather spend a little more and help out the original designers

RENOV8R likes this.