Building a Carbon Fiber Built frame. Need suggestions for cheaper vendors out there.

Discussion in 'Frame Design' started by CrazyMonkeyFlyer, Jul 11, 2018.

1. As we know carbon fiber is already an expensive product, can anybody suggest me cheaper vendors for getting a custom frame design. All the vendors i know have quoted me a very high price. Looking for cheaper options than what i got to know till now.

2. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

Armattan = frame for life £100
    Thats cheap, boring though with one frame. So I just buy cloned frames & if they break so be it. Try something different. To be honest I have only ever Zbust one ZMR frame, a carbon V2.
    But the fibreglass version got more abuse & I still got it. PUDA do some decent clones I got a stingy trueX & apart from one minor detail you can't tell them apart. Even the champherd edges.

3. Sean B.

Sean B. Member

You’re looking to get a frame custom cut for you?

4. Thank You mozquito1 for your suggestions. I'll get back to you after i checkout the options. :)

5. Sean.B yes i am looking for a custom cut frame!!

6. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

Pick motors & build on that or build then match the motors. Your not giving anything away. You want 1.5kg @50%
    So that's a 3kg thrust motor. What size frame you intend to build ?

7. around 1.2m wheelbase and mostly a hexa. I am pretty sure i need to design it properly first but you need to help an amateur to become a pro right !! I m still upon some trials in building the proper design . I would appreciate if you could guide me better. Thank You.