Breaking 'er In

Discussion in 'Flight Videos' started by Torc the Sinister, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Torc the Sinister

Torc the Sinister Finally in the ranks of the brushless!

I picked up a Realacc UXII Stubby to replace the stock dipole and took the new (3rd) BabyhawkR.

After I worked out a number of bugs that surfaced between the stubby and the ROTG02 I tinkered with my rate profiles to be able to do freestyle maneuvers. These rates I got from one of StingerSwam's channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqHQthEPjXHol-bFJiMjCjw) and running stock PIDs.
    _____RC___SR__Expo
    Roll - 0.90 / 0.82 / 0.33
    Pitch - 0.82
    Yaw -0.90 / 0.82 / 0.33

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  2. DrAbsurd

DrAbsurd Well-Known Member

great flying. im gonna get me one of these little guys. My thoughts on rates are simple. take whatever motion or deflection you think 1/2 flip and roll should be and tune the rates to match. if you over flip or spin then lower your rates some and visa versa. I made the fastest movement I could make from middle to any full deflection and back to middle equal one 1/2 flip or spin. Then work out how long a whole flip or spin is. Halfs are the hardest gesture in my opinion. We can time out wholes really well but half isnt exactly half the movement of the whole, so i find its better to work from the 1/2 to the whole not the other way round.