1. NOTICE: We're currently noticing some EMAIL DELIVERY ISSUES to Outlook and Hotmail email addresses. If you're a new member and don't receive your confirmation email, feel free to reach out to us via the contact link at the bottom right of the page.
    Dismiss Notice

Blade Glimpse FPV Blades

Discussion in 'RTF Modification & Repair' started by Martin1960, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Martin1960

Martin1960 New Member

Hi there,

I ordered replacement blades for my Blade Glimpse FPV and the aircraft won't fly. I strongly suspect they're made wrong.

The motors spin fine, but 2 blades don't produce lift. (By placing my hand under the quad and feeling for airflow)

- two green blades in the front (left front / right front) and two white blades in the rear (left rear / right rear)

Questions:

- I'm curious to know if anyone else has encountered a similar issue?
    - anyone have recommendations for alternative replacement blades?
    - anyone know the motor configuration ( which motors turn clockwise / counterclockwise)?

It's a silly issue, but annoying so any help is appreciated!

Cheers

2. holtneil

holtneil Well-Known Member Moderator

Hi mate most quads are front left CW front right CCW
    rear left CCW rear right CW
    Make sure the blades are on the right way round the high edge of the prop is the leading edge

3. Martin1960

Martin1960 New Member

Thanks mate!

That was exactly the issue. I was able to quickly align the leading edges with the direction of rotation and it works fine!

I'll admit I'm embarrassed I didn't figure it out myself. :)

Thanks again!

4. holtneil

holtneil Well-Known Member Moderator

Don't worry you not the first and won't be the last. Just glad your flying now

Martin1960 likes this.