BFlight 210 and Taranis QX7 not working

Discussion in 'Newb Guides' started by Drone Guy, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Drone Guy

Drone Guy Member

I got a Bfight 210 with a BNF FrSKY receiver and a Taranis QX7 Transmitter for Christmas, and managed to bind the drone and transmitter, but the propellers wont spin. I have spent a few hours on the web, and found nothing. Also, betaflight shows the throttle idle, and the bars won't move. I am a total newbie with drones. Does anyone know a way to get this to work? Thanks

2. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

How have you got the rx setup pwm, ppm or sbus. Are these wires to the correct pads. Google a pinout diagram for whatever flight control board you have in it.

3. mozquito1

I can't find a quad with that name to see what board it is sorry. Just getting a load of different 210 size quads.

4. Drone Guy

Drone Guy Member

I bought it fully built from: g e a r b e s t - c o m / b r u s h l e s s - f p v - r a c e r / p p _ 6 6 0 7 9 4 . h t m l ? w i d = 2 1
    They say it has a "OMNIBUS F3 Pro FC with OSD".

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  5. Drone Guy

Drone Guy Member

All the reviews say it works out of the box.

6. mozquito1

Yes they all do but some of them don't.
    They may have missed a small step.
    Like selecting rx ppm or sbus in the configuration tab in cleanflight.
    If your channels are not mapped it won't arm. Check the Aux channels are setup in modes tab in CF.

7. Drone Guy

Drone Guy Member

Great! I got the receiver connected to the flight controller. The bars in the receiver tab are moving. I followed a video on setting up the arming switch. I went to the modes tab and set up the arming switch range. When the value goes into that range, the name doesn't light up. All of the other modes light up when in the range. I think something is stopping it from arming. Any ideas?

mozquito1 likes this.
  8. mozquito1

Min throttle range needs to be below min esc range. my min esc range is 1005
    So min throttle being 1000 is below.
    In rx tab & with the throttle trim on the Tx move it down to 995 or move the min esc range up a bit. If that don't work then I'm stumped.

9. dragger201

dragger201 If it ain't broke, don't fix it??? You kidding?

Just somethings I discovered................

Make sure all other switches are in the off position before you flip the Arm switch.
    Make sure the throttle is all the way "down".
    Set the quad down on a relatively level surface and give it 5 to 10 seconds before Arming to give the gyro/accel time to stabilize.

I've gone nutzo over all three of these things at one time or another..........

10. Drone Guy

Drone Guy Member

I just broke the USB port on my drone, so once a new FC gets here, I'll give it a try! Thanks for all your help!

11. mozquito1

Don't chuck that board it's still useful.
    Buy a ftdi chip or Arduino nano.
    Solder some pins on a spare uart.
    Job done you got a USB back.

Gyro Doctor likes this.
  12. Drone Guy

Drone Guy Member

I still have it! I have a habit of keeping spare electronics around. I don't know how to connect a uart, but I'll do some research. Would a uart port allow connection to betaflight? I thought it was for a receiver or things like that. I already ordered a new drone from gearbest, but if I am lucky, I will get the old one to work too.

13. DrAbsurd

DrAbsurd Well-Known Member

Two things ive notice in betaflight with my Armattan Chamellion with the CL Racing F4S AIO flight controller. It wont connect while the controller is on every time. USB no battery and it connects every time. I found the answer to that in the video bellow. The other thing is no matter what I do I cant make the top left toggle switch do anything else but failsafe.

14. mozquito1

Have you tried moving it in modes tab,
    Then assign the Aux switches on the Tx.
    Swa or Swd, the 2 outside switches are best anyway for arming.

15. chinaevacase

chinaevacase New Member

it's very strange,

16. DrAbsurd

DrAbsurd Well-Known Member

I don't like the outside switches to arm. Those 2 are the easiest to hit because of hand movements, how I hold my controller anyways. The left is my kill switch and the spring loaded one I made an emergency stability mode switch to help get out of crashes quickly.

17. jojo350

jojo350 New Member

Hello,

I need some help as well. I bought a brand new Bfight 210, brand new taranis qx7, batteries, yada yada yada...
    The taranis and bfight apparently hate each other. :(
    I have looked for hours trying to figure out how to bind these 2 and nothing is working. there was mention of a white wire but I dont have that. When I go into pairing mode the red light just flashes...in betaflight I have it configured to sbus.
    Does it matter if I do D8 on the taranis? should I be doing something else?
    Do I need to hook up the taranis to betaflight first...not even sure how to do that...??

Please any help would be great. I would love to just get the taranis and bfight to bind...

18. mozquito1

Yada Yada explains alot:confused:
    What fcb have you got for a start.
    Did it com as a package or bought separately. Did you install the rx yourself.
    Post a pic of your wired board so we can check. If it has been wired correctly & tx/rx are bound it can only mean betaflight settings. Check the sbus box in configuration tab. I don't use taranis but don't really hear any quibbles with betaflight.