Beaten by a BNF whoop!

Discussion in 'Tiny Whoops & Other Micro Quads' started by Rick M, May 13, 2018.

1. Rick M

Rick M Absent-minded professor

I picked up an LDARC Tiny 7x figuring it would be a fun flyer for inside the house. Expecting a 15 minute setup time, I created a model on a Flysky FS-i6x and bound it. Connected to Betaflight (they had the latest version flashed, go figure). Went to set up arm and mode switches, and um..it's not seeing any inputs whatsoever on AUX 1-4. I checked all the basic stuff, confirmed the switched (A-D) were configured on the transmitter...nothing. It is seeing inputs on AETR channels fine.

I'm stumped, and I know this has to be something stupid I'm missing. Any thoughts? I'm no expert, but I've done Betaflight and Cleanflight configurations on other quads.

2. Dugdog47

Dugdog47 Well-Known Member

Did you go into the controller settings and set up channel 5 and 6?

3. Rick M

Yes, channels 5-8 are set up in the Tx as SwA-D, respectively. I fly other quads on the same transmitter.

4. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Try Model reset, try switching AFHDS 2A OFF.

5. Rick M

I did try switching to the old AFHDS protocol and back. I'll try the model reset. :)

6. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

Since it has the most current firmware, do you also have the most current BF Configurator (I believe it's 10.2?)

7. Rick M

Yep, downloaded the most recent version. I haven't had time to do a model reset in the tx yet - I work and teach Mon-Wed. Hopefully Thursday evening.

8. Jackson

Well the FS-i6X can do either IBus or SBUS.

9. Rick M

Yes, it's configured to IBUS by default. I didn't try SBUS, but can't imagine that 2A rx would use anything other than IBUS. ?

10. Jackson

:) Just tossing things out, worth the few seconds it will take to try it.

Rick M likes this.
  11. Rick M

The model reset did the trick. No idea what caused it, but I reset the model in the tx and rebound and all was fine. Thanks, Jackson. I always miss the obvious simple steps. I'm a terrible troubleshooter o_O

Jackson likes this.
  12. Rick M

Now I'm working on minor mods to the Lizard 95. I usually won't buy anything that I know I have to mod out of the gate, but this one seemed worthy of making an exception. Soon as I get the motors soft mounted I'm going to configure it.

13. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

Another one, providing all the wiring is correct is an fcb board reset.
    My quad was flipping on take off like motor wires where mixed up. After 2 weeks off work wasted, RENOV8R pipes up, try a board reset & that fixed it.
    I snip wires on a separate table or over a bin as I've found rogue strands on components just before a lipo test with a continuity test. Got myself a magnifying glass o_O specially.