Bad ass Batman!

Discussion in 'Build Logs' started by Dugdog47, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Dugdog47

Dugdog47 Well-Known Member

Sup folks, I'm calling this one the X Grindr because it uses Xrotor electronics and grinder motors. Also I changed the frame from the Batman to the Iflight freestyle frame.

(Original post)

I've been thinking about putting together a bad ass batman quad because the frame looks tight as hell! So far I've got these in mind:
    HGLRC BATMAN220 220MM FRAME
    IMG_0436_c0235557-fb93-4bdf-a22b-cee030fc492a_large.jpg
    HOBBYWING XROTOR COMBO FLIGHT CONTROLLER AND 40A 4-IN-1 ESC - STACK
    IMG_0436_c0235557-fb93-4bdf-a22b-cee030fc492a_large.jpg F4-Flight-Controller-_-40A-4in1-BLHeli-S_00016_776x_2c153d4e-32f3-4eaa-9f18-e0bbf8f60101_large.jpg
    And:

HYPETRAIN GRINDERS VERSION MOTOR BY ROTOR RIOT - 2306 2450KV
    hypetrain_grinder_1000x1000_03__51236.1519620703_large.jpg

:cool:
    All available from race day quads:

https://www.racedayquads.com/products/hglrc-batman220-220mm-frame?variant=12387013886065

What say the fine folks of this fantastic forum? Bad ass or what? Any and all comments welcome.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    wafflejock and RENOV8R like this.
  2. Taylor

Taylor Well-Known Member

Looks like it'd be a great build! I really like the frame design. Have you ever used the stack or motors before? I've had those motors in mind for a while and have been looking around at 4 in 1 ESCs for a while for my next build. But regardless, good luck! Post pictures if you decided to go for it!

3. Dugdog47

Hello Taylor I have not yet tried this stack or motors yet but they both have great reviews. I want to have a fleet of quads that are all different but equally badass lol.

Thanks for the reply I'll post plenty of pics when the build begins here in the next month or so, meanwhile, LET'S FLY!

4. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

Those Hypetrain motors have serious balls!!

Dugdog47 likes this.
  5. Dugdog47

Yes I've heard these are some of the best motors around I need something that will go 0-100 kph in less than a second lol!

6. Dugdog47

Yee Haa everything arrived very quickly from Race Day Quads. I think I'm done with banggood!
    DSCN1335.JPG

7. Dugdog47

The I flight freestyle frame comes complete with everything a frame needs.
    DSCN1336.JPG

8. Dugdog47

Pigtail soldered and esc pads primed and ready.
    DSCN1340 (2).JPG

9. Dugdog47

It's always nice when you solder that first motor, plug in your battery for the first time and you hear doot doot deet boop beep!
    DSCN1341.JPG

10. Dugdog47

Pop the champagne she's ready for her first flight!
    DSCN1343.JPG

wafflejock and RENOV8R like this.
  11. RENOV8R

Good looking build but what's up with the antenna? Also, is that a full size Caddx camera?

Dugdog47 likes this.
  12. Dugdog47

I'm waiting on an adapter for the antenna lol got the wrong kind, this one I had laying around will work for now. The caddx is actually a micro but it works good so far. Flight video pending!

13. RENOV8R

OK, so it's the micro cam but not the Turtle, correct?

14. Dugdog47

Caddx turbo micro SDR2 is the official name, honestly I only picked it out because it's green lol and matches the motors.

RENOV8R likes this.
  15. RENOV8R

LOL, the reviews on these are actually quite good! But I hear ya, quad needs to fly well but it also needs to look good IMO

Dugdog47 likes this.
  16. Dugdog47

I literally just ripped 2 packs through it and that antenna sucks big time. I honestly thought video was going to shut off about 100 yds out. She flies good though!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  17. wafflejock

wafflejock Well-Known Member

Hah nice same frame I'm rocking now too. I had to move the arms down outside the body to make room for the runcam board ontop of FC and pdb.

Couple things to be cautious of, loctite the motor screws a bunch of mine backed out before doing that. The plastic frames will let the screws sink in some but not so with CF. Also make sure nothing is shorted or can short on the CF frame since it's conductive.

I was also having some video issues for me it was because I moved the power for vtx from vbat directly, to going through the PDB and power/current for vtx was too high. Reducing vtx power seemed to fix that in the short term.

IMG_20181003_211953~2-1209x1045.jpg

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    Dugdog47 likes this.
  18. Dugdog47

Waff J that's cool we got the same frame lol actually you're the one who steered me towards the Iflight. I really like how low profile it is and it took some ingenuity but I was able to get a three board stack in there with nothing shorting out.

I'm pretty sure my cheap antenna is the root of my video issues I'll just have to see how it goes when that adapter gets here tomorrow.

Happy flying!

wafflejock likes this.
  19. wafflejock

wafflejock Well-Known Member

Nice yah I got three boards in there but felt iffy about the runcam shorting on the top of the frame (pretty much just straps were keeping that from happening). Will let ya know if putting the arms on the bottom turns out to be a bad choice :)

Going to have to wait out the rain here over the next couple of days but hopefully can find some time to get out, but back at you, happy flying!

Dugdog47 likes this.
  20. Dugdog47

RENOV8R likes this.