Aux channels

Discussion in 'First Build' started by RedC, May 15, 2018 at 7:31 PM.

1. RedC

RedC New Member

Hi guys

I am thinking of buying a taranis X7 remote, with a Frsky R-XSR and a betaflight f7 flight controller

As I understand it all the channels go from the reciver to the FC using sbus, does this mean I only have the four uarts on the FC to control other functions such as a gimbal or landing gear?

Ultimately I would like to control a gimble using the two pots on the remote but don’t know how I would wire in the gimbal to receive the signal.

Mabey I should by a different flight controller or reciver?

Sorry this is a simple question (hopefully) but I am struggling to find any understandable info on this

Thanks for any help

Attached Files:

2. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

If you are building something big enough for landing gear and gimbal, you need to go with an X8R with both s-Bus & PWM output as the controller for your landing gear needs to be plugged directly into your receiver. Gimbal is a lot easier as most now are controlled by an s-Bus signal so you physically just take the signal wire from the gimbal and tap into the s-Bus wire coming out of the receiver. Setup Is then done through a configurator. Another thing is that the Qx7 radio isn't going to have enough 3-way switches to control all the functions you will have, Taranis X9D Plus would be a better option. And lastly, an F7 flight controller with Betaflight isn't really designed at all for the type of flying you'd be doing, you should be thinking more along the lines of a Naza-M V2, Pixhawk or Tarot ZYX-M25

mozquito1 and Gyro Doctor like this.
  3. RedC

RedC New Member

Oh wow,
    That’s why I couldn’t find anything on this then.
    Back to the drawing board I guess!
    Thanks for the help