Aomway Commanders Not Turning On

Discussion in 'FPV Systems' started by DrAbsurd, May 6, 2018.

1. DrAbsurd

DrAbsurd Well-Known Member

Ran into an issue with my Aomways. They started beeping and turning off randomly for a couple days. Only when plugged in and not on my head. Then pretty much went out. Put it on the bench and figured it had to be the little battery converter cable that comes with it. I really didnt want to deal with the power board under the hood but wasnt convinced. Started looking online and sure enough found a couple videos showing this to be the problem. Ordered a couple off line, all they had in stock, so I will let you know in a couple days if it worked.

2. BL Swagger

BL Swagger Well-Known Member

How are the warranties on these pricier goggles? (if they have them...)

I would want a replacement, rather than trying to fix something pricey like that.

mozquito1 likes this.
  3. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

I paid £250 for Skyzones only to find out the ipd was to small & it was sprayed orange on white plastic. With terrible light leakage. Made up in a way as my immersionRC duo has much better range & I don't have to worry about head placement.

4. DrAbsurd

for a $5 fix I just ordered extras. Warranties would be a waste of time and money on this in my opinion. My IPD is as far right as they will go and its perfect but that makes me think my head is crooked ;)

5. mozquito1

They only go upto 69mm mine is 72mm
    I haven't a big head I'm just way off Chinese sizes.

6. DrAbsurd

I work on Japanese made equipment, Kyocera Copiers, and trust me when I say their definition of access hole is way to small. Ha, That may be why their women or so often desired by American men ;)

7. mozquito1

A woah :rolleyes: