A question about FPV goggles and glasses.

Discussion in 'FPV Systems' started by Jaynatello, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Jaynatello

Jaynatello Member

Hello again, I would like to do some FPV flying with goggles instead of my phone display, but my eyesight is pretty bad. I am seriously near-sighted (can't see far away)! Since the screen in the goggles is right in front of my eyes, will I be able to use it without my glasses? I'm pretty sure that the goggles will not fit well over the glasses. Thanks for all of the great input on this forum.

Jay

2. Rick M

Rick M Absent-minded professor

I use Eachine VR D2 goggles and stick a set of 2x readers in them (earpieces removed). A guy on YouTube gave me the idea and it works great. They're not Fatsharks by any means, but they get the job done pretty well. You can buy some cheap reading glasses in 2, 2.5, 3x, etc. on Ebay and just use the ones that work for your eyesight.

3. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

My eyesight is fine but I have to wear quanumV2 as my interpupillary distance is too big for fatsharks. I'm not saying get mine but ppl with glasses try mine & find the V2 fit. They have a freznelI lense in which can be altered or removed all together. I got eachine ev800 but range was not too good. that was before I crashed into my head. Apparently Joshua bardwell is blind as a mole(his words)
    Wears glasses but buys di-opters.
    This would probably set you back another $100 atleast on top of $400-$600 fattys.
    Im ok with what I've got. It gets me up & I need a new PC as the potato I got now couldn't make a chip never mind edit a video. Maybe I'll see what the ipd situation is on a few brands of goggles for next summer.

4. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Or just wear them into the $ store and try 'em all. :)

LHazleton and Rick M like this.
  5. LHazleton

LHazleton Bugs 2C, Future 1(Q333B), some nano's

You could walk into any Walmart wearing your goggles and no one would even notice ......

Jackson likes this.