A manned copter is being constructed.

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Ihor Nastashchuk, Feb 14, 2018 at 9:54 AM.

1. The construction of the manned Copter FlyingBike continues.

The FlyingBike will be a double copter with a take-off weight of 460 kg, with a payload of 190 kg, a twin-engine (with internal combustion engines), four electronically controlled variable pitch propellers, an electronic flight stabilization system and a parachute rescue system designed for full takeoff weight.

[​IMG]

The main advantages of this project are:

- perfect ease of control, which does not require long training and is available to almost everyone (who, for example, can manage a radio-controlled drones);

- significant autonomy, flight range of about 300 km.

Details are on the FlyingBike project website

KentA, Spork and mozquito1 like this.
  2. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

Great Scott. 1.21 jigga watts.

3. holtneil

holtneil Well-Known Member Moderator

Amazing keep us posted

4. Spork

Spork Well-Known Member

Nice. Can't wait to see it fly. I really like how you guys are approaching things, keeping things, minimalistic, and using what you have available to you.

I don't have a lot of spare cash at the moment, but I donated $10 to your indiegogo fund. Good luck raising the money for the parachute system and other items you need.

I realize English isn't your first language, but I think it will really help your cause if you go through your indiegogo page and fix the spelling issues (like backer where it says baker).

Here's the link to their home page: http://flying-bike2018.com

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018 at 3:34 PM
  5. Thank you very much for support and for pointing out mistakes! :) I will certainly correct!

Spork likes this.
  6. Thanks again! Fixed it! :)
    We also try to be optimistic! In the end, optimists are changing this world! :)

KentA and Spork like this.
  7. Spork

Spork Well-Known Member

You're welcome. I'm sure it will help getting more backers to sign up.

Optimism is the fuel for innovation. Keep up the interesting work, looking forward to your team's progress.

8. KentA

KentA Well-Known Member

Good Luck with this, Ihor. I hope to see it fly!

9. Thank you! We are glad to receive support of our project! And we want to get up in the air!

10. We will be grateful to those who support our project!

https://igg.me/at/flyingbike

You see that we have already done a lot, and we want to finish the construction of this FlyingBike as soon as possible! And to proceed to flight tests!
    And we want to do it as soon as possible and better!
    Therefore, if you wish to support us - our sincere gratitude for your NOT indifference!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018 at 2:16 PM