A little roof skidding

Discussion in 'Flight Videos' started by DrAbsurd, Mar 20, 2018.

1. DrAbsurd

DrAbsurd Well-Known Member

KentA and Spork like this.
  2. Spork

Spork There is no spoon

Awesome, @DrAbsurd - taking the skidding to the next level.

ArmyVet and DrAbsurd like this.
  3. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

You got pads on it coz you might have trouble getting your bolts off.
    & its no good for the gyro.
    Just sayin :rolleyes:

DrAbsurd likes this.
  4. Spork

Spork There is no spoon

He's got something similar to half of a ping-pong ball under each motor - if memory serves.

5. Torc the Sinister

Torc the Sinister Finally in the ranks of the brushless!

Interesting. Drifting of the quad world me thinks.

DrAbsurd likes this.
  6. Spork

Spork There is no spoon

Yeah, Dr. Absurb has been doing some cool videos on it for awhile now. Seems like he's picking up where Charpu left off. Dr. Absurb seems to be taking it to the next level.

DrAbsurd likes this.
  7. DrAbsurd

I changed a couple things since this video. I now make the pads a little thinner and use hot glue to hold on the slider instead of lock tight tape.

Dont use my gyro for anything currently. once you turn off airmode its not used I believe. Unless youre flying in a angle or horz. modes but im not doing that anymore.

Spork likes this.
  8. Torc the Sinister

Torc the Sinister Finally in the ranks of the brushless!

Makes me want to try my hand at an idea I had but will need to get a whole hell of a lot better for it, Drone Jousting.

Not the stuff I have seen where they take each other out, but more the jousting training equipment made for piloting skills.

Spork and DrAbsurd like this.
  9. DrAbsurd

there are no limits. thats what makes these little things so great.

Spork likes this.
  10. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

Le drib bought a load of flint for the same thing. I think he got bored after an hour or 2.

Spork likes this.
  11. DrAbsurd

Skidding is going to be just another dimension to flying acro drones I think. In that world its been obvious people are trying to emulate skate boarding to some degree, even trying to rail slide and tap on anything and everything. People are trying to skid all over things but their gear makes it bouncy, short and uncontrollable. I hope my light weight and very durable solution catches on. I will have video of me shredding on and above a skate park soon LOL. Just like every sport this will grow to include every conceivable move and trick, and I think adding skidding is just another dimension to use wherever you fly.

Spork likes this.