Will this work? Complete FPV not listed for my quad brand

Discussion in 'FPV Systems' started by Fly high, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Fly high

Fly high Well-Known Member

I have a hubson 502e which records video to a card, no WiFi FPV. I’m happy with the quality of video, that’s not the problem. My problem is, once the quad is up there I can’t tell which way it’s facing to know where the camera is pointing, so my video I end up with isn’t what I wanted to get. All I want to be able to do is have an additional camera strapped on with a zip tie, or Velcro, I’ll make it work, not to record from but just so I can look at the monitor to know what it sees. I would be recording from my quads camera. So the setup I have a link here for is a complete camera, and monitor and each has their battery built in. The description says the quads it will work for but that’s assuming you expect to be able to mount it to one of the brands listed, to where no modification is required and I guess the plug on the camera plugs into those type quads so you can start recording from your controller. Again, I only need the camera and monitor to be able to let me turn it on manually before lift off, so I can view the monitor once it’s up there to see where my quad is pointing so I know what I’m recording. Sorry for the extra long post. I wanted to be very specific about what I need to ask. I don’t want to buy any kits that need assembly or soldering. Thank you to any of you who can understand my question and can take the time to answer.
    https://m.banggood.com/JJRC-H16-YiZ...MInYvEutag2QIVEY7ICh1OsAjREAQYBCABEgKksPD_BwE

2. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

You will have to search around and see if that camera can be turned on/off manually.

3. Fly high

Yeah that was a huge concern. I contacted the seller last night and used their online chat. She was worthless. Said she’d make a ticket and forward it to someone. Then I just got an email saying, “ can you please wait one more week” our salesman is gone to a festival”

4. LHazleton

LHazleton Bugs 2C, Future 1(Q333B), some nano's

Just did a little research . Looks like it's what you need. My guess is that the pigtail on this VTX is only meant to plug into certain quads so it can be controlled via the transmitter. What you may have to do is modify how the display mounts to the transmitter. 51 bucks sounds good .....same thing on Amazon is $114!

Fly high likes this.
  5. Fly high

Sweet! Thanks a lot! I appreciate that so much! That’s what I wanted to hear. I’m ordering it right now. I’ll follow up after I get it.

6. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

I'm guessing that you will need to add a small switch to a couple of the wires on that pigtail. Hopefully you can figure out which 2 without frying it.

7. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

IMG_20180114_093726879-1024x575.jpg
    I just velcro this SQ11 with an 8gb SD card
    & grab stills off the 720/1080 video.
    I need a decent PC with editing software.
    Im on my phone now but the potato I got can't even run freerider simulation.

KentA likes this.
  8. Spork

Spork There is no spoon

Chinese New Year. Forget which one, but I saw one of the Chinese sites that said they were shipping orders through yesterday and then the whole company would be off for the next week or two.

9. mozquito1

Bloody hell, they are lucky, normally they trying to throw themselves off the roof because of working conditions only to be caught by a net, wake up the next day & start again.

10. Fly high

Those bastards. I have an order that needs shipped and they’re eating rice buffet for two weeks?

mozquito1 likes this.
  11. Spork

Spork There is no spoon

I think they do a wee bit of drinking too. A friend from my last job just went there to visit family and celebrate. He will be there four weeks. He said three weeks of drunk and one week to sober up enough to work when he gets back.

mozquito1 likes this.
  12. Fly high

Well I’m happy! They kept their promise of shipping within 24 hours. Just got a shipping Notification. Now they can start their new year’s .

mozquito1 and Spork like this.
  13. LHazleton

LHazleton Bugs 2C, Future 1(Q333B), some nano's

You lucked out.

mozquito1 likes this.
  14. Fly high

Yeah because doesn’t it now take like a month to receive it? Getting it out is quick but I see in tracking 15-20 business days. Well for the price I paid I won’t complain about that. I just hope I can turn on that camera since I’m not using their plug wire. Looking at the picture of the camera it shows an “on” switch that’s above
    “1” “2” “3” channel selector. Hopefully that’s exactly what it is. Everything else on quads turn on with a switch. Why wouldn’t this?

15. mozquito1

What about the big China boat.
    don't they celebrate, what if it's stuck out at sea for a few weeks & then start its journey. To be honest I do order from China now & again, but got to admit that postage times are getting better. 8 days in some cases to the UK. With bona-fide China postmarks. I thought it was just a warehouse in Europe but nope.

Spork likes this.
  16. Spork

Spork There is no spoon

No idea, maybe they celebrate on the boat. Might explain the differences in shipping times. :D

mozquito1 likes this.
  17. mozquito1

Surely they can't be on the rice wine while sailing a shlip.

Spork likes this.
  18. Spork

Spork There is no spoon

Your spelling of "ship" makes me wonder if you're on the rice wine while piloting your computer. LOL.

mozquito1 likes this.
  19. mozquito1

Surely they can't be on the rice wine while sailing a shlip.

20. mozquito1

No that's correct I've got a lishp.

Spork likes this.