1. NOTICE: We're currently noticing some EMAIL DELIVERY ISSUES to Outlook and Hotmail email addresses. If you're a new member and don't receive your confirmation email, feel free to reach out to us via the contact link at the bottom right of the page.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think of this deal?

Discussion in 'Parts & Components' started by DuaneM, Dec 20, 2016.

1. DuaneM

DuaneM Drone? I don't see any drone ... crap!

2. Wildwelder

Wildwelder Well-Known Member

I wouldnt send them people wooden nickel. Do you know how to fully assemble a quad,( which involves soldering and a mechanical knowledge) and then calibrate the fc, esc, and bind the rx to the tx? And if you are willing to deal with a no-name company who probably wont back up the product even if they say they will. Then wait two months for parts... If you can deal with all that then its a great buy. My advice: dont do it. Go to Amazon if youre starting out. Their revues and fantastic return policy and customer service makes them perfect for beginner quad builders/ flyers.

3. holtneil

holtneil Well-Known Member Moderator

Hi mate Wildwelder is right they have some bad feedback

4. DuaneM

My wife said the same thing, she is putting her foot down on it! LOL!

I'll go back to my wishlist/buildlist with parts from HobbyKing and eBay. At least with eBay I can use PayPal and get my money back if things get "lost in the mail".

Amazon's prices are too steep for me, I did buy my quadcopter from that site, but my crash kit and replacement motors were way too much on Amazon.

As for the knowledge needed to build another drone, yes I have it with the added benefit of loads of video's on YouTube. I'm just looking for the best prices on all the parts, I hadn't even considered the quality of the parts.

5. Wildwelder

Wildwelder Well-Known Member

I didnt mean to sound like a jerk Duane,sorry about that. Ive had alot of bad experiences with purchases from China. Missing parts and super long shipping times. Ive had parts show up in the mail and had no idea what they were for because they took so long. Anyway, just dont want you to get screwed. Good luck with it. Let us know how you make out

6. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

I was in the same situation, flew a few toy quads 'till I could get around OK then decided to do a build. So I picked up a kit with a generic 250 frame, no-name ESCs, cheap Emax motors and a dinosaur CC3D. All for $100. And you know what? It flew great and it's still the most reliable craft I've flown. I couldn't kill it, and believe me, I tried hahaha. There's a sense of confidence when you're flying something and knowing that it doesn't matter if you crash because it didn't cost much in the first place.

7. holtneil

My boy got a rtf 450 flame wheel from ebay was £170 inc transmitter and is over a year old and still flying , most parts on it was cheap but even with a bent motor shaft flies so there are ones out there but keep away from bad feedback
    also Hobby king is now doing a No solder option it may make the quad a little more in weight but if you cant solder this will help a lot ,All of us on here will help you get the quad built and flying
    what about this one your need a transmitter
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/powerday®D...575902&sr=8-105&keywords=brushless+multirotor

8. DuaneM

It's okay Wildwelder, I need to hear every once in awhile that my ideas aren't always the best choice, you should hear my wife. I call her the "Princess" and when I do, it's dripping with sarcasm. BTW, I have a camera lost in the mail that was from the State next to me, so losing it from another country won't surprise me.

Reno8r and Holtneil, that's what I was hoping to hear, your copters are still usable and cheap! My biggest concern overall is the price I can build this first copter, I have to stay low or it's all over, since my wife will use it in arguments again and again for years to come if I spend too much on it. She'll also have an excuse to buy nonsense crap and I won't be able to open my mouth once about it.

Holtneil I wrote down the link and it looks like a good copter too! I do have to be very certain I can buy a transmitter that matches the copter or I risk hearing all the stuff from (I also call her "whatsherface" on facebook) the "Princess" for buying something I didn't research first.

Reno8r, once I buy the perfect copter that the "Princess" allows me to buy, I can buy all the stuff I could possibly want to repair it. I have no idea how the female mind works, but this part is a keeper. I get over the hurdle of buying the perfect copter and she insists I buy all the parts to repair it as needed to keep flying. Odd eh?

So I buy the copter and then start buying the upgrades as repair parts and I keep the wife happy. Strange, but true. I have enough repair parts here on my desk to build a second toy quadcopter and she okayed it!

Sorry if this message post has gotten disjointed and repeated in several spots, but it's Christmas Eve, we have all the misfits of our social circles coming over for dinner today and I haven't had enough coffee to form complete spoken sentences let alone type them.

Merry Christmas everyone!

9. holtneil

Hi I know what you mean about prices of parts it does mount up , just dont ever get into Helicopter that will keep the bank account low , just look at the thread wives and helis dont mix