Weird!!!

Discussion in 'Build & Tune' started by Garyp, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Garyp

Garyp Member

have a syma x8g quad in which I had to replace both upper and lower body on. I thought I was pretty sure I transferred everything over from the old one to the new one in the same order as I took them off of the old new. After I got it put together I noticed that once it lifted off that the thing restated while it was in flight. Did I overlook anything?

2. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Check to make sure the little antenna on the main board is properly attached and not smashed or crimped.

3. Garyp

Garyp Member

OK I just took it apart again check the antenna it's straight not bent so I put it back together turned it on and what it's doing is when you give it throttle it goes up-and-down fine and you can control it but the drone itself sits and just completely spent and 360° what's up with that

4. Jackson

Double check motor rotation and prop placement.

[​IMG]

5. Garyp

Garyp Member

I just got done checking them and everything checks out just as you say it should be in you're drawing. Here's the thing, I can set it on the table, give it a little throttle and it sits there fine... I go to pick it up and the thing acts like there's a short in it like the motors are alternating back and fourth every

6. Garyp

Garyp Member

Here's a link to what it's doing.

7. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

It's supposed to do that. What you're seeing is the motors compensating for the change in angle. The gyro wants the quad to be level, so when you tilt it, its thrusting the motors on the low side to try and get it back to level. In fact, it appears to be functioning properly

8. Garyp

Garyp Member

Ok but why does it rotate in circles when it does get airborne?

9. RENOV8R

Well, if you transferred every thing over and put the flight control board on wrong, say turned 90 degrees one way or the other (most of us have done this) it would result in what yours is doing

10. Jackson

Did you double check the props and rotation per my pic? Well?

11. Garyp

Garyp Member

Yes I did.

12. Garyp

Garyp Member

Does it really matter on which way it's facing, going by if the camera is facing toward the red arrow?

13. Garyp

Garyp Member

Does it really matter on which way it's facing, going by if the camera is facing toward the red arrow?

14. RENOV8R

Yes

15. Garyp

Garyp Member

So I need to make sure the camera is facing the direction the red arrow is the go by you're rotation according to the diagram?

16. DuaneM

DuaneM Drone? I don't see any drone ... crap!

Boy I wish I had seen that photo of the blade directions earlier ...