Wanted: Tarot 1335 Carbon Propeller Mount/Screws

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by GlassKnees, Dec 31, 2016.

1. GlassKnees

GlassKnees Well-Known Member

I salvaged 4 Tarot 4006 620 KV motors from a crash and using them in a new quadcopter I'm building. But I'm missing the round mounting cap and screws that secure the propeller to the motor:
    [​IMG]

I need four of them with the screws

2. holtneil

holtneil Well-Known Member Moderator

3. GlassKnees

Well, I will keep these in mind. I'm chasing down two other options - sent an email to Tarot (in Chinese - thank God for online translators!) asking about replacements and there is a set for Tiger motors that look close to what I'm looking for (they have a small flange on either side - though from the ad I don't know owhat the hole spacing is. Thanks - I will let you knowo what I find!

4. ringolong

ringolong Well-Known Member

Interested in these? 10x3.3
    P1010377.JPG

5. holtneil

12 mm is standard for the T type fittings

6. GlassKnees

Thanks, but I'm using 13" props. I did order the T-type fittings from Helipal. Looking forward to completing my quad soon!

7. holtneil

the 12mm is bolt spacing all props are the same in the hub its the length of the prop from hub to tip thats different

8. GlassKnees

So, I ordered some T-Motor prop washers from HeliDirect and they arrived a couplel of days ago. They are slightly smaller in diameter than the Tarot washers, but I used one to secure a prop onto my Tarot motor - seemed to fit just fine. But I sent an email to HeliDirect, asking if these would be suitablel replacements and the response was no, they won't work. Here's a pic:

[​IMG]

Personally, I don't see a problem, so I asked again. This time another person said that he didn't see why it wouldn't. So I'm going to test them out. When I complete the build, I will do a few stationary flights - simply hover over my front lawn and later inspect all props. I expect that they will work just fine.

Tarot support sucks. I've sent emails to Tarot directly as well as the U.S. rep. - no response from any of them.

9. ringolong

ringolong Well-Known Member

I think they will work. This is not lifting a heavy payload is it?

10. GlassKnees

Probably around 3 lbs. It's a Parallax Elev-8 quadcopter (see pic at left), but with Tarot 4006 620 kv motors and a Tarot 2 axis gimbal with a GoPro camera. Also a small video transmitter. I don't think the load will be a problem.

11. holtneil

OF course they wont fit can we sell you some T motors

12. GlassKnees

;)