UK drone pilots needed for 'drone experiences' research!

H

harrys99

Hi all,

Just bought a drone? Already a professional? A drone enthusiast? Regardless, your help is needed!

I am looking for drone/RPAS/UAV pilots and enthusiasts to be a part of research I am undertaking into drone flying practices in the UK.

What are the aims of the project? I’m exploring what kind of airspace is produced by the interactions between regulation on the one hand and the actual experience of drone flying on the other. What do we know about the invisible politics of airspace? How important is the drone user in shaping their own flying experience? Don’t worry about answering that of course… that’s my job!

How could you contribute?

I’m looking for two types of contributions, both of which would be completely anonymous in the final research:

• Flight diary – regardless of how long you’ve been flying drones, I’m looking for pilots (beginner, hobbyist, professional, whatever!) to record a diary of the experience of just a few drone flights over the next 2 months - I'd give plenty of pointers as to the kind of things to talk about, and time commitment is all up to you. This might then be followed up by an interview if you’d be willing.

• Interview – if you work in the industry, this would be a short (informal) interview discussing your own drone flying habits and interests, along with the wider sentiment of the industry/your company.

I am based in London, though you would not be expected to travel – please do get in contact wherever you are as I would love to hear from you.

If you are interested or would like further information, please get in contact with me via forum PM or by email – droneflightresearch@gmail.com

Thank you for your time!

Harry

Geography undergraduate student at Oxford with a keen interest in the aviation industry, currently undertaking research for my dissertation.

Last edited by a moderator: