Tech Sky Drone Pro V2 HELP!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bamboozle, Jan 6, 2016.

1. bamboozle

bamboozle New Member

Hi
    Totally new to this as we bought this for my sons christmas and seem to be having problems. Either we are just useless or the drone is not too good. First off what kind of SD card should it use. We have tried all sizes and none seem to fit. Also do the buttons on the bottom of the control actually do anything as they don't seem to. one of the blades doesn't seem to be going round all of the time properly. Any advice would be most appreciated. Even if this is send it back and recommendations for a better one similar price range
    Many thanks in advance

2. Andy B

Andy B Member

Hi, Don't try to put any cards into the camera ! There is a slot but there isn't a card carrier inside, the camera WiFi's the video straight to your phone.
    The button for lights should obviously work the lights. The Return button will only work in "headless mode" and should bring the drone back to you.
    I've never tried the video and camera buttons because these are switched on and off via the app.
    Stick with it, it's actually a pretty good drone for the price.

Paul Underwood likes this.
  3. Meatloaf

Meatloaf Member

Hi bamboozle ,as Andy says the slot is not a camera card slot ( I tried the same ) . Its poor design i feel ,and i was sold it saying it was for a card !. I record to phone and it looks great quality but when i transfer to p.c it is very poor .I have raised the question before on the forum about the video and camera buttons not working and no one seems to be able to answer

4. Hi guys,
    Can anyone offer advice on camera not working on iPhone with mtech prov 2?
    I've loaded the app, connected iPhone to the wifi, can receive tutorials but when I press start all that appears are greyed out icons and a diagonally striped screen. The camera has a static red light when connected. The only icons that work are the return and file buttons, the latter obviously having no footage to file.
    Cheers.

5. Meatloaf

Meatloaf Member

Hi
    I am not familiar with the iphone on this . Are you definitely using the ios app and not the android ?

6. Andy B

Andy B Member

Is this the one you are using ? It's called RC_Skyline by Steve Chan

upload_2016-1-9_11-9-54.png

7. Thanks for replies, I installed the apps from Apple following the link on the instructions. No Andy the ones I have installed are these pictured. image.png image.png

8. Andy B

Andy B Member

OK, If yours is the V2 you should be using RC_Skyline. I think Skyline are the manufacturers of the drone. I couldn't scan the barcode in the instructions as it was so small, but I scanned the one on the box and it linked to Skyline.
    I also tried the Syma app with the same result as you. I pretty sure the Sky Drone Pro V1 is Syma based.

Rankle07 likes this.
  9. Meatloaf

Meatloaf Member

Agree with Andy scan the correct one from the box , should work . Best of luck

Dave

10. Rankle07

Rankle07 New Member

Hi,

I have the same drone and i can confirm that Andy is correct.

The M:tech Sky Drone Pro V2 uses the RC_skyline app on iOS.

If you search for 'rc skyline', it should be the first one that comes up.

Attached is a screen shot, the app you want is the top one.

IMG_3044.PNG

11. Jack cowell

Jack cowell New Member

Hi does anybody know where to get a new motor from? Can't seem to find them anywhere?

12. CajunFlyer

CajunFlyer Well-Known Member

Per "Jackson" and I agree it looks like a rebadged Syma X5** series quad. I have Syma X5SW quad and it looks the same. Search for motors using that model.

13. Andy B

Andy B Member

14. TimMac15

TimMac15 New Member

I have an issue where by the connector will not connect and stay in... I do not see the wifi hotspot so I don't even think the WiFi Camera is even receiving power. Is this a common fault with these. I have reserved a replacement at argos but I wan't to try and fix it. The connector is surprisingly able to fit both ways (white cable nearest the lens, red cable nearest the lens). Which is the correct way?

15. Jack cowell

Jack cowell New Member

Ok thanks I've ordered some of them, would you advise to change all 4? or will just swapping the broken one, work the same?

16. Jack cowell

Jack cowell New Member

17. CajunFlyer

CajunFlyer Well-Known Member

I generally change just the broken one, but you can change all or one.

18. TimMac15

TimMac15 New Member

Ok.... I'm pissed..... I got my replacement
    SKY DRONE PRO V2 today from Argos Took it for a spin after building it. The HD Wifi connector seemed fine. got a film from it before I left. Got a decent flight (didn't record first session). Charged the battery in the car (using a 300w inverter) Checked the drone over again, the camera connector was out again... and was loose didn't feel it clicking in place.... Seems like it's a design flaw....

Jazz123 likes this.
  19. Jazz123

Jazz123 New Member

hi Guys please Help
    so .... im really pissed because i bought this drone (sky drone pro v2 from RED5)and the app did not work for andriod
    please suggets any other apps which work with this drone

20. Jazz123

Jazz123 New Member

what app did u use?