Tarot t960.

Discussion in 'Newb Guides' started by RcHexy1991, Mar 9, 2018.

1. RcHexy1991

RcHexy1991 Active Member

My drone spun out today. It took off like 7ft and started spinning? Does this mean the escs aren't calibrated?
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  2. ringolong

ringolong Well-Known Member

Was this the first flight?
    Was the imu calibrated?
    Did you have the GPS puck pointed the correct way?

It could be a magnitude of things. Can you provide more details of your build?
  3. RcHexy1991

RcHexy1991 Active Member

I have a tarot t960 with tarot 5112 340 kv motors. I also have a camera mount that extends outward which is balanced with the battery on other side. this was the first flight and im not sure if the imu are calibrated. we just throttled the rc and it started spinning at about 1 rev/ s. It rose about 7ft no problem and then started spinning.
  4. ringolong

Do you have a gps puck?
  5. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

Magnetic declination may not be your issue but is still something you should adjust for
  6. GlassKnees

GlassKnees Well-Known Member

You didn't mention what kind of flight controller you are using. I am only familiar with the APM F.C./autopilot and can't offer advise on others, but I suspect that all must go through a similar set of calibrations. For mine, I have to the the following:

Accel/IMU - which side is up, down, left, right, upside down - I had to put the F.C. in each of these positions

ESCs - To learn what throttle range settings are for the particular R/C you're using

Radio - To learn the ranges of each of the sticks on your transmitter

Compass - To compensate for local fixed disturbances to magnetic deviation. In addition to moving the aircraft (the compass dance), I also entered the local magnetic deviation after converting to radians (which APM needs)

If you haven't done any calibrations, you would do well to find out what your F.C. requires. Having said all that, it doesn't sound like the spinning is due to failire to do any of the above. There is the possibility of a faulty flight controller - you might want to try re flashing the firmware and see if that clears the problem. Troubleshooting requires diligence and discipline in eliminating, one by one, each of the possible factors. Good luck with you efforts!
  7. RcHexy1991

RcHexy1991 Active Member

I'm using a navio2 with respberry pi. I also have 40a opto esc
  8. RcHexy1991

RcHexy1991 Active Member

I don't believe so
  9. ringolong

Is the arrow on the navio2 pointed forward to the orientation of the hex?
  10. holtneil

holtneil Well-Known Member Moderator

Hi are all stick in puts ready zero in the FCB when you set up
  11. RcHexy1991

RcHexy1991 Active Member

12. RcHexy1991

RcHexy1991 Active Member

Yes. It took off beautifully. But after it took off it went crazy.
  13. RcHexy1991

RcHexy1991 Active Member

Yes. It took off beautifully. But after it took off it went crazy.
  14. ringolong

We need a video to help us see what is going on. (This could go on forever)

Are the the props level?
    Are all of the props the same size?
    Is the weight distributed evenly?

We need a picture and/or a video ;)
  15. RcHexy1991

RcHexy1991 Active Member

Ya I hear you! For the first 2 questions yes. For the 3rd one I have a camera mount that extends 20 in. In front of drone but I have the battery balancing it on the other side. I will upload a video I just don't wanna crash it again lol.
  16. RcHexy1991

RcHexy1991 Active Member

All the calibrations have been done through mission planner and they were all successful the only issue I see is that when I increase the throttle all the servo values increase uniformily together (looking at the servo output of mission planner is how I see the pwm signal) but as soon as I get to max throttle or at any point where i stop increasing the throttle 3 servos start to decrease throttle without me pressing anything which explains why my drone spun out of control. My first thought was that the esc calibration was bad but at this point any advice helps.