Sir Torc's Quest for the Holy Quad

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Torc the Sinister, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Torc the Sinister

Torc the Sinister Finally in the ranks of the brushless!

**Taking a page out of the Book of @Spork**

Got my QX7 today, walked through the initial set-up guide, wasn't sure it was correctly done and reset it back to the factory settings. I then tried to go back into the bootloader (proper trims pressed to the center, short press on the power) and I here the speaker crackle but nothing more happens

I've googled and not finding a solution.

Help!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  2. Torc the Sinister

Fixed it

Spork likes this.
  3. Spork

Spork There is no spoon

Took me a minute to figure out a similar problem with the boot loader too.

FYI: I only get the speaker crackle when my antenna is folded down - although you've probably figured that out by now too.

Get any FPV Freerider time in?

4. Torc the Sinister

O...M...Fing...G!

I have hosed the bootloader, bricked it twice, flashed so much I think it thinks it's the Flash. I had to dl a program to install the right USB bootloader driver, had the poop scared out if me with the default beep I just factory reset it, formatted the SD and walked back through before work. Now I need to download a different SD Contents file to correct the SD error.......it's back up and running though. My computer skills saved the day me thinks.

I did get it set up for FR and tinkered for a few mins after the first attempt.

Spork likes this.
  5. Spork

Spork There is no spoon

Yeah, it's definitely a learning experience. Hopefully, the remainder goes smoother and you get some sim time in.

Torc the Sinister likes this.
  6. Torc the Sinister

I am hoping so. I'm down to one set of props for the CX and the weather is going to be unpleasant for the next week or so.

I am trying out Real Drone Simulator as well. It has emax drones, which I plan to get their Babyhawk in the future, so it might be a good one to try out....if I can get past the lobby in game.

Spork likes this.
  7. Spork

Spork There is no spoon

Nice. I've got my eye on the Babyhawk as well. Don't think Ive heard of RDS before - I'll have to check that out later.

8. Torc the Sinister

Do a Google search for drone simulators. The first link should be for best Sims for 2018.

Looks like they have many sponsors from the community, BuddyRC, Emax, etc.

Spork likes this.
  9. Torc the Sinister

My tech support skills are being put to the test.

Switches didn't get assigned, so when I tried to set inputs, the switch's were not listing or responding to toggling them.

Figured out how to assign them function and add them to the model settings.

Spork likes this.
  10. Spork

Spork There is no spoon

It's like watching a re-run, lol.
    The cool thing about those hard-learned lessons (we hope) is they won't soon be forgotten.

mozquito1 likes this.
  11. Spork

Spork There is no spoon

Looks cool, I'll download that and check it out later tonight.

12. Torc the Sinister

Today's lesson

When getting the SD version issue, try a different version, even if it says it's looking for another version.

13. Torc the Sinister

Picked up an Apache case from Harbor Freight.

[​IMG]

Spork likes this.
  14. Spork

Spork There is no spoon

So that sorted out the error?

15. Torc the Sinister

Yea. No idea why, tho the error still comes up. Scared me when I heard the welcome voice, wasn't expecting it.

On another good note with Freerider, I was able to pull off an entire lap on the Meadows map hitting every gate without crashing!

16. Spork

Spork There is no spoon

Awesome! Glad you figured it out. I must have done the same without realizing it. I was flailing at that point and too frustrated to take notes.

And that's great on the Freerider, you are a better pilot than me. I think I could fly thru one gate without crashing in my first couple days.

If you are into bling, I have 6 of these gold-colored switch things left over - they came in a 12 pack and I can't see myself getting another radio. PM me an address if you want them, and I'll drop them in the mail.

IMG_1094.jpg

17. Torc the Sinister

Now that I have my SD card issue resolved, for the most part, I have been able to add the Amber sound pack and assign sounds to the global settings.

Being a Tron fan, I have scoured the interwebs for sound bytes from the movie and cartoon (Tron: Uprising) and have applied them with success but with a few things learned;

1. Customs sounds cannot have a name longer than 6 characters
    2. That the startup .wav used is not tada.wav but the hello.wav found in the System folder. I renamed the existing .wav to hello_old, copied the desired .wav into the folder and renamed hello.wav.

Start-up: Gem:"Mirroring complete. Disc activated and synchronized. Proceed to games." (http://goo.gl/p8K6m)
    Arming: lightcycle activation (http://goo.gl/PTO25) might change that to Security Drone:"Games." (http://goo.gl/z3OnA)
    Disarm: Clu:"End of line, man!" (http://goo.gl/aoTE3), might change it to Security Drone:"Rectify." (http://goo.gl/1orfy)

Currently working on more Tron related .wavs as I comb through YouTube.

Update: I found the mother load! http://tron.popapostle.com

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    Spork likes this.
  18. Spork

Spork There is no spoon

Nice. I love that you can do that with this radio.

19. Torc the Sinister

Tried my hand at making a custom splash screen that took me a bit to work it out and settle on a good first. I also flipped the arming switch to share the sounds I added.

Spork likes this.
  20. Torc the Sinister

Getting some Sims in.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    roger jones and Spork like this.