She is flying, but need a bit of work...

Discussion in 'Build & Tune' started by FPVwannaB, Oct 14, 2017.

1. FPVwannaB

FPVwannaB Active Member

So. Inspired by videos by Nick Burns and Andy RC, for my first real foray into the next level of this Hobby, I got a JJRPRO P130 battler and transplanted it onto a 180mm frame, with 4" tri blades. WHAT A DIFFERENCE.

I took it out for a proper maiden flight and its awesome. I think I set up the switch between angle>horizon>acro improperly, as it feels like horizon mode (it flips). It oscillates a bit when just hovering, a little throttle and its fine.
    Would I adjust p-gain to mellow it out?

2. FPVwannaB

FPVwannaB Active Member

Update. I had the wrong channer on the controller tab for the switching between Angle>Horizon>Air/Acro. i have not had a chance to flt it since I made some slight changes to the P.I.D.s. I have watched so many videos, but the one I found on this forum under "Build and Tune", posted by Raymond Kroeze to be invaluable. Made a good explanation of PIDs.

3. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

It will flip in horizon. Same as acro if stick is at outer edge. But then levels out again. Acro does not.

4. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Using Betaflight?

5. FPVwannaB

FPVwannaB Active Member

I wasn't sure if it was supported. I think so but its Naze 32, but I see that some of the pros on youtube are using it

6. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Betaflight is what you want.

7. FPVwannaB

FPVwannaB Active Member

Oh ok. Thanks. I was looking for a tutorial on how to flash this onto the board.