Reciever troubles

Discussion in 'First Build' started by Eduardo, Jan 12, 2019 at 4:48 PM.

1. Eduardo

Eduardo Member

Hi guys, Im building my first quad now and I've into a lot of issues. I was able to make the transmitter connect with receiver but when I armed and accelerated the quad did not turn on all the motors at the same time nor at the same speed causing instaflip. So I opened the betaflight and when I saw it on the reciever page everything was wrong, the reference values were so low that the calibration could not fix. So I formatted the transmitter but now after the bind process the only channels that the betaflight perceives on the page are the throttle, aux 1 and aux 2. Plz Im desperate I've already check the connections. Plz help

2. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

What transmitter you got.
    You may have the wrong setting.
    My flysky & turnigy evo are one AETR mode2. So try this in config rx settings.
    then check the signal wires off the esc's are going to the right pins. This or props on wrong way are the things that cause that.

3. mozquito1

Also did you apply Aux channels to the switches you want in tx menu settings.
    eg Aux1 =arm on SWD
    Aux2 =modes on SWC (3 position switch)

4. Eduardo

Eduardo Member

The problems is in the reciever tab on betaflight, the only channels that work is the aux that control the swc. All the other, Roll, Pitch, yaw and acelerate dont work. They just doesnt respond to the comand on the transmitter (flysky fs-ia6).

5. mozquito1

Did you direct solder or servo plugs reflow the solder joints if solderd.
    A knock can crack them if not done properly.
    What flight control are you using.?
    If its a naze then these are notorious for failing very easy.

6. Eduardo

Eduardo Member

"Did you direct solder or servo plugs reflow the solder joints if solderd. " Im sorry I didnt understand this part. Im using naze 3. What should I do?
    ]

7. mozquito1

It's normal for all props not to spin up at once.
    The accelerometer is done on a level surface, but if where you try to take off from is slightly off then some props will spin up first.

8. Eduardo

Eduardo Member

"Did you direct solder or servo plugs reflow the solder joints if solderd. " Im sorry I didnt understand this part. Im using naze 3. What should I do?

9. mozquito1

My first few builds I used plugs but got good and now I direct solder.
    Try resetting the board, it's next to accelerometer on settings tab.
    Then calibrate the accelerometer
    Then take the lid off unplug the leads and Reflow the solder around the pins.
    Put it back together on the correct pins.
    Go into config tab and apply the RX Pwm in rx setting
    If these 3 things don't work then it's looking like the rx is dodgy.
    I use the same transmitter

10. Eduardo

Eduardo Member

I dont thing its the rx, because it already work a while ago. Maybe its the naze32 but It might be some kind of settings

11. Eduardo

Eduardo Member

I've reflow the solder on the pins but it did not help. Maybe it it the wires that came with the board. I'm thinking about trying use jumpers instead of the conector that came with the naze32

12. mozquito1

Before you put the top plate back on, post a picture of your stack.
    You may have to resize the picture to load it up on this site.
    I had this insta flip a while back.
    I took 2 whole weeks off to fly but was checking everything an it was a board reset that fixed it.
    It sounded like you had it nearly there but the flip may have knocked somthing loose.
    If you got 1 channel showing then it looks like the other 5 are not solderd or making the connection properly.
    For fly sky tx/rx on the rx tab it needs to show as AETR at the top.
    Are you mode2 throttle on left stick
    Or mode1 throttle on right stick.
    If so then it's TRAE to match th stick layout.

13. mozquito1

The naze is a bad board, I went through a few on my first 2 quads.
    If it flipped then you where nearly there.
    It just needed either a
    board reset
    esc signal wires going on the right pins
    Props going on the right direction.
    Lets try getting the rx setup first in the config tab. Set it to rx pwm then save.
    Check to see if it actually saved as pwm.
    If after all this and nothing then its the
    Flight control board (fcb)
    If you can, get either SPR F3 or an
    Omnibus F4. These are the only cheap boards I would buy.
    The naze32 was an old F1 that was rechipped with the f3 & new gyro.
    If its old stock someone had then the tiny parts inside are brittle & break very easy.

14. mozquito1

You got a picture

15. Eduardo

Eduardo Member

''Are you mode2 throttle on left stick'' how do I select this mode?

Attached Files:

16. mozquito1

You don't, it just is mode2 or mode1 when you buy it. It should say on box.
    With mode2 the throttle is on the left.
    It will stay where you leave it.
    And the right stick springs back into the centre. When you pick rx pwm & you have a mode2 transmitter it should say AETR or AETR1234 in the top right of the receiver (rx) tab in betaflight. Your picture looks like spaghetti :p and to be honest I haven't seen that AIO board before. So may not be brittle. If all on correct pins & esc signal wires are on the corresponding motor pins.
    Acc calibrated, and Aux switches set up on Tx then its a problem with the board.

If it flipped on throttle then there is only 3 things to prevent it flying.
    Props on wrong way.
    ESC's on wrong motor pins
    Acc not calibrated
    Maybe a fourth if the board needs resetting
    For some unknown reason. Like mine did.

But now with regards to tx the board is only seeing 1 channel
    Then it's 3 things

Connections
    Rx is bust
    Fcb is bust.

It can be a pain:mad: @1st but stick with it.

17. Eduardo

Eduardo Member

Would you suggest me a better board?

18. mozquito1

The cheapest I would buy is a
    This omnibus f4 sd AIO
    Image-1280_720_20190114T014558-1024x576-1024x576.jpg
    Omnibus f4 sd
    IMG_20171221_145250539-768x1367-768x1367.jpg seriously pro racing f3
    7b5bad60be4558990d7b4f5c30c9b0c4-1024x930.jpg these help any board, only penny's.
    8-pcs-m5-air-compressor-rubber-vibration-mount-isolator-15mm-x-15mm-1024x1024-1024x1024.jpg
    And if you can get a new rx
    Ia6b or ia6c, FS RX2a, X6b
    These all do ibus & ppm.
    All signals go down 1 wire instead of 6 you have. Saves weight & messy wires.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019 at 2:12 AM
    wafflejock likes this.
  19. wafflejock

wafflejock Well-Known Member

Since you say you "formatted transmitter" do you mean you formatted the FC or you factory reset or actually did "format your transmitter"... also when asked about the transmitter it seems like you responded with a receiver, seems like terms are being mixed a lot which will make it harder to diagnose/fix if it's fixable. Still I'd go with one of the board types @mozquito suggested as well. I tried one Naze32 for a bit early on too a couple of years ago but I broke that one fast so upgraded pretty early on but F3 and F4 boards have all been pretty adequate (usually just see F3 ones on the micros and F4 for mini quad or bigger, really just more processing power in F4 but if you spend more on hardware probably want a better brain box in there to keep it all running and be able to report data without losing so many beats).

20. mozquito1

In the setting tab next to the calibrate accelerometer is the reset board.
    It knock everything back to stock settings.
    I had the same problem flipping & after nearly 2 weeks going over everything.
    Checking all thing I said above.
    It was RENOV8R who said try a board reset, so I tried it & that's what it was.
    All my setup was OK but for some reason it fixed it. I was gutted as I took the 2 weeks off just to fly I fixed it on my last day off.

As to why betaflight is only picking up one channel, it can only be bad joints, the board is bust or the rx is only giving signal out to one channel. Which is unusual.
    Never heard the like.

Only 3 thing cause flip unless it's a board reset. But that's usually on a maiden.