RE : installing a camera into a drone which I bought without the camera

Discussion in 'Parts & Components' started by davidhk129, Apr 11, 2019.

1. davidhk129

davidhk129 Well-Known Member

I have mistakenly bought a Eachine EX2H drone without the camera. I did not know that until too late and I could not back out of the purchase.
    It was an auction bid at eBay and I paid C$90 for it.
    My questions :
    1. Is it hard to install a camera, or is it just screw the bracket and plug in to connect?
    2. I googled but failed because I don't know how to search for a camera compatible with Eachine EX2H drone. Need a link to the source. Please.

2. davidhk129

Attached is a screenshot of EX2H with the camera hanging from the belly.
    I am hoping I can do that myself. If I know where and which camera I should buy.

[​IMG]

3. wafflejock

wafflejock Well-Known Member

Should basically be plug and play with the camera:

https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-EX...entCountry=America&ID=528623&cur_warehouse=CN

^^ can see a pic of the camera module there just has two pins going to it so just +/- or V+ and GND. The video signal is going straight from the camera into the video transmitter

https://www.getfpv.com/fpv/cameras.html?cat=141&in-stock=1

^^ can see the Z02 "AIO" (all in one I guess) that has the camera+VTX in one that's basically the same thing without the nice case. You'd just have to check the voltage range on the VTX if you can power it directly or need some power regulators.

----

Edit ah just saw second post looking for the high quality local recording camera not the FPV one then I guess?

Sarah likes this.
  4. Dugdog47

Dugdog47 Well-Known Member

That quad is a bugs 3 clone so the C5820 camera should work plug and play or the easier to find C5830 camera will work with some modifications.

5. wafflejock

wafflejock Well-Known Member

For the hanging camera those are generally stand alone like a go pro or mobius or runcam (I personally use a "runcam split 2" which does has analog out line to go to VTX for FPV view and separately records to SD card with HD footage).

davidhk129 likes this.
  6. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

When this went up on Fleabay was there a pic of the drone with the camera but clearly stated that camera was not included or was it misleading? Just asking as you can get one new with camera from BG for not much more than 90 bucks.

7. davidhk129

Not intentional misleading, I suppose.
    It was stated somewhere down the page. I did not notice that.
    It's my ignorance.

8. RENOV8R

Oh well, looks like you got a pretty cool bird anywho

9. davidhk129

Folks,
    I forget to mention. I need a 2.4g WiFi camera. Not 5G.
    Please supply me a link to where I can buy one.
    Thank you.

10. RENOV8R

11. davidhk129

Thanks.
    In case you are not aware of..... I am in Canada. That bird with camera included goes from C$250 to C$300 and up.

12. RENOV8R

Yep, things add up quick here..........

13. davidhk129

14. RENOV8R

Yeah, a lot to pick from. My advice? For a GoPro type cam, I've had the Gitup Git2 for quite a while now and it does everything I want it to. May cost a bit but it comes in handy for so many things other than just strapping on to a drone
    cam 014.JPG

15. davidhk129

Thanks.
    I am not the "photographer" kind of guy.
    All I need is a 720p or 1080p cam so I can see the images instantly while flying, and maybe take a pic or 2 occasionally.
    It will be a shameful waste for a guy like me to own a gopro.

So,folks……. which one should I buy. It has to be plug-and-play type. I don't want to open up the drone, do the soldering etc.
    Thank you.

16. RENOV8R

But the one you got still has the FPV camera inside it, correct?

17. davidhk129

I don't know..... yet.
    I am waiting for shipping and delivery.
    The listing while in auction says this...…
    upload_2019-4-11_12-29-52.png

P.S. I take it that you do not think much about eBay. That's ok. I got that.
    I do my online purchasing mainly with Amazon.ca. Once a while eBay.

18. RENOV8R

What makes you think that? I do most of my shopping on ebay. Fleabay is just my pet name. It' where I order most of my 3D printing filament. There's a seller in Mississauga who sends next day delivery

19. davidhk129

My misinterpretation. Sorry.
    Back to business on hand.
    I suppose I have jumped the gun. I should wait for the delivery first, then come back for assistance?

20. RENOV8R

Yes, and post a couple pics when it arrives. Hope it doesn't take too long

davidhk129 likes this.