Practicing power loops, some proximity tree dodging

Discussion in 'Flight Videos' started by wafflejock, Jun 28, 2018.

1. wafflejock

wafflejock Well-Known Member

2. Dugdog47

Dugdog47 Well-Known Member

Good dodging bro!

3. wafflejock

Thanks! Still somewhat of a noob, but starting to get some confidence in flying.

Torc the Sinister and Dugdog47 like this.
  4. Dugdog47

I'm a FPV rookie myself, haven't even built up the nerve to switch out of angle mode lol.

Torc the Sinister and wafflejock like this.
  5. wafflejock

Some open air flying new goggles and diversity!!! Now I just need to fix my jenky analog video wiring.

Dugdog47 likes this.
  6. Dugdog47

Nice flying, fat sharks make a huge difference. I got the focal v3s, which model did you get?

7. wafflejock

Got the HDOs they are crazy expensive but been flying with various relatively bad box goggles for a while. Figured I probably won't replace them until there is something significantly better so go with best available now. Also got laforge modules for diversity everything is super nice only down side really is I had to crack open the goggles to hook the wire between the diversity modules.

8. Dugdog47

Ah yes I see getFPV.com has them for the same price I got my focal V2s but I got mine from the local hobby shop in case they were defective I wanted the face to face service.

Wouldn't you know it mine came with a dead battery lol but luckily the hobby shop exchanged it for me no questions asked. That was back in May so that means I've really only been flying FPV for 2 months? Seems longer lol.

An expensive investment but well worth it, congratulations!

9. wafflejock

Thanks, yah I was a bit worried about them not fitting and there is a small amount of light bleed on the far left and right since I have a pretty thin face but overall the picture quality is an incredible upgrade, looks close to the HD output I get from the SD card. Only down side now is I see all the imperfections in the signal coming back and in the process of trying to fix the connection between my split 2 PCB and the FC (for OSD) I ended up pulling the video pad off so now I'm getting the video out through the USB port and need to clean up that connection (getting lots of motor noise especially, is especially bad at close range for some reason).

Think flying dilates time, always feels like more time in the air than it really was.

10. Dugdog47

I hear ya on the time dilation lol, I just started doing flips and rolls the other day, happened to glance at the timer and was like "how has it been seven minutes already?"

Seemed like only 30 seconds or so lol. Time flies when you're having fun!!!

11. wafflejock

Mostly more of the same bit of practice on 'flag/pylon' turns:

12. wafflejock

Near miss of a 'gate' at 3:12 or so

13. Dugdog47

Looked like you got splattered with a blue liquid at the end? Paintball lol?

14. wafflejock

Hah yah I like the effect that has but just the reflection of the bright blue LED strip I have on the front off of the particles of sand and dust when I'm crash landing into the baseball field. Unfortunately the holder for the led strip is in view in the hd recording I can't see it in the goggles.

15. Torc the Sinister

Torc the Sinister Finally in the ranks of the brushless!

I did some Horizon and acro for a bit and honestly, I don't mind doing loops and rolls but it's more fun flying in and around things so angle is good for me.

16. Dugdog47

I thought the same way for a while but now I want to get dialed in for freestyle because the aerial shots done freestyle are awesome!

Torc the Sinister likes this.
  17. wafflejock

Yeah don't think plain flips and rolls alone look great on video really and make people nauseous more often than not from what I've seen (I've become pretty used to it from the simulator and watching lots of other people fly FPV). That said they are definitely fun to do at first and lead into being able to do power loops or more controlled diving maneuvers through trees or next to whatever cool looking obstacles you have around. I'm sure not everyone is interested in investing the time to learn to fly acro and then learn tricks, same as when I'm on my skateboard I just want to cruise around and I'm sure 99% of 'real skaters' would frown on that, but to each their own.

My buddy who just started flying is using horizon mode cause he likes to be able to flip around but isn't comfortable with full acro yet in real life. We played on a sim for a while (in acro) but lately have been distracted by Punch Out (original NES version) or just going out and really flying whenever the weather permits.

18. Dugdog47

Exactly Waff J, take this guy for instance with his parody (we don't really make fun of DJI pilots (Maybe)):)

wafflejock likes this.
  19. wafflejock

Nice title, smooth flying too and cool location. Would love to get to that level of flow, just a matter of stick time I imagine.

Dugdog47 likes this.
  20. Dugdog47

I'm thinking some of these guys are like professional stunt pilots or maybe military trained, IDK. I'm trying to imitate some of their moves though lol.