Postman came H33 in the house

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by roger jones, Feb 22, 2018.

Tags:
  1. roger jones

roger jones Well-Known Member

2. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

The contrasting front props will be very helpful.

roger jones likes this.
  3. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

Get out there and punch some holes in the clouds!!!!

roger jones likes this.
  4. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

That's cute, :D.

roger jones likes this.
  5. mozquito1

Do you mean holes in the chemtrails. o_O

roger jones likes this.
  6. LoneRCRanger

LoneRCRanger Well-Known Member

Chop down some trees for me!

roger jones and mozquito1 like this.
  7. roger jones

I did get it off the hall floor last night. Having a proper go in the morning. I suspect it may be a while before I punch holes @RENOV8R & @mozquito1 or Chop down trees @LoneRCRanger . I agree @Jackson the green props are a big help. I had planned modifications but I think it is a bit small or as you say cute @mozquito1 .

8. justdon

justdon Active Member

That's a cool looking drone.JJRC makes some nice drones.Good luck with it and have fun.

KentA and roger jones like this.
  9. mozquito1

It doesn't matter what it is as long as you get some airtime. I just couldn't wait to change gear. Speaking of new gear Im doing a new build. My nan died & my mum slipped me 5k, so I just spent £250+
    On some parts I want to try out.
    & a new Tx. Build thread in about a week or so.

Spork and roger jones like this.
  10. roger jones

As an update the controls are nice and it flies well. I had my first flight today and it was controllable to fly in in a 6x3x6 foot space. A bigger battery is now on my shopping list.

Spork and mozquito1 like this.
  11. roger jones

Thanks @justdon . This one is a nice size not too small. I have a camera for it, but a wifi upgrade would be a fun enhancement.

Looking forward to your new thread @mozquito1

justdon likes this.
  12. mozquito1

& so it starts :cool:.
    Bigger battery could possibly mean modding the compartment or just a simple elastic band on the underside.
    My camera was underneath on a jjrc I had & I had melted a pinhole in the top to stand the antenna up for better range as it was horizontal on the board.so I had to mod the compartment. Then I lost a motor, so I had to buy spares, solder & a soldering iron. I went through another 2 motors & basically done the same to a syma X8 I think. So now the toys aren't cutting it I want more speed.
    & come across RCmodelreviews on YouTube. That was 3 years ago.
    I been doing alot more overtime & average about £60 a month on parts.
    With this brexit going on i noticed prices & shipping going up a while back so I got about 60 Lipo's total now. 16 unused still sealed. Possibly 250+ sets of props if you include the old Dal dual blade I got.
    What I'm saying is, from a cute little toy into a monster of a black budget hobby.
    I got 4 quads & parts for another 3 cheap £150 builds. Hopefully for some new customers. I throw £40-50 on for a 2-3hr build. When or if it comes back I just add £10 onto parts. I had never even seen a quad by us until started flying. Apart from the flying club abt 10 miles away there is a few ppl who I still see knocking about with quads I built. But they don't get out much.. I work aswell, but on typical summer day I'm up @ 4am out flying for 2hours before I go to work @ 8am.
    Charge batteries in work, finish @ 5:30.
    Go home have tea charge more if need be & go out for another 2 hours.

Spork and roger jones like this.
  13. roger jones

Oh yes @mozquito1
    I have watched a Mod on an JJRC H31 which as you say needed a battery compartment mod so I am anticipating the same.
    I tend to read more than do so I cant see motors wearing out for a while. That said early days.
    I have a Micro USB camera but while it works I now know about FPV so I suspect it will not see much use. Already bookmarked a Syma wireless camera that I think should fit, with two options for the same pack in the UK.
    No plans to join clubs currently. I visited one when I had a model plan and they were all very serious. Never flew again after that. To be fair on them I did not have much time then either. :)
    Hence indoors for now is an attraction.
    I can see a build at some point but no time soon. Mods for now will do. Then maybe a laptop FPV base station. :)

mozquito1 and Spork like this.
  14. Rick M

Rick M Absent-minded professor

If you want to FPV that little guy, consider just a stand-alone all-in-one camera like an FX797T or an Eachine TX01 or VF-02. They're cheap, you can make a splitter to run it from the quad's battery (I think the 797T actually comes with a splitter) or you can velcro on a little battery to power it.

roger jones, mozquito1 and Spork like this.
  15. roger jones

Rick M likes this.
  16. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

The JJRC H31 is a larger quad than yours.

JJrs h31 .JPG \

It also has larger motors, 20mm/7.5mm. While yours has 16.5mm/7mm.

roger jones likes this.
  17. Rick M

Rick M Absent-minded professor

You would need a receiver. Most likely you will end up flying with goggles (which have a receiver included) if you like FPV. Some people stick with FPV on a monitor, but very few.

You can buy something like a set of Eachine VR006 or VR007 goggles to test the water if you aren't sure and don't want to invest much. I use Eachine VR D2 Pro's which are middling fair quality and very affordable. They're not FatSharks by any means (Google FatShark Dominator v3), but they perform well enough and can be had for US$80-ish if you shop around.

18. roger jones

@Jackson yes I realise that now re the size of the H31, I had thought the H33 would be a bit bigger. That said it is a good starter and not too stacked with tech.

@Rick M good to know about your thoughts of and costs for the Eachine VR D2 Pro's. I put a silly bid on some the other week but I did not go with it as I did not understand if they were any good. Starting to lean towards a build currently. Time will tell.

19. mozquito1

I'm just saying, but if you wanted a cheap as possible fpv kit. £15 diversity rx 114146-1024x736.jpg
    Some quanum goggles with a bit of digging for £30.
    s-l400-1024x750.jpg
    Depending what you mean about
    "around the house" I found my eachine useless. Unless your actually outside.
    With the rx you could set that up outside with a lipo or 12v adapter. Preferably out a bedroom window, nice & high & run a video cable to the goggles or a laptop or TV for viewing pleasure. You don't have to worry about head placement either.
    I live in 3 storey flats so sadly:( this option is out for me. FPV on the big TV ain't worth it for me in my gaff. It ain't no laugh. So if you combine these with a eachine vtx&cam for £30 I'd say this would the cheapest better option.
    But it's all useless if you don't have a 5v source you can leach off to power the vtx.
    Which would be a 2S lipo. & I assume the h33 is 3.7v
    Making this post obsolete :confused: o_O *

roger jones likes this.
  20. roger jones

mozquito1 likes this.