Pair of Motors turning wrong direction

Discussion in 'Newb Guides' started by William Fox, Jan 7, 2018.

1. William Fox

William Fox Member

Got a Hubsan X4 a couple of years ago and flew it a bit and then put in case for a year or so. Decided to get it out again, charged up the batteries and fired it up. No lift off the first time, noticed the blades were reversed on the motors. Made the switch, liftoff, but need calibration. Reset the controller and now one pair of motors are turning in the wrong direction for the orientation of the blades. I don't think that is correct. How did the motor rotation direction get reversed? It flew before I messed with the calibration of the controller so I know the blades are on correctly. I could fly it with all white blades but I want to figure this out and fly with both white and black blades.
    Thanks in advance for any help / suggestions.

2. KentA

KentA Well-Known Member

blade rotation.jpg

mozquito1 likes this.
  3. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Wrong way Kent.

[​IMG]

Gyro Doctor likes this.
  4. William Fox

William Fox Member

The motor wiring has not been disconnected. The device is as it was delivered. It worked previously, but suddenly after messing with the calibration routine per the manual, one set is now rotating in the opposite direction from what it should. Is there a way to do a "factory reboot"?

5. Heiner86

Heiner86 New Member

hahah, wow that looks way too complicated for me xD

6. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

Ken's diagram is correct.
    The red arrows on Jacksons are incorrect direction.

KentA likes this.
  7. Rick M

Rick M Absent-minded professor

It looks to me like Jackson screen captured from the manual for that quad. While Ken's diagram shows the way the vast majority of quads have their motors oriented, there ARE some that are oriented the way Jackson showed. That Hubsan may be one of them...the cowboy usually does his homework.

8. William Fox

William Fox Member

Well, I just realized that in addition to there being white and black blades, there are also A nd B versions of each blade. The problem was I had the wrong version of the white blades on each motor. I had them reversed.
    The problem is solved.

KentA, holtneil and ArmyVet like this.
  9. KentA

KentA Well-Known Member

So which way do they turn? We will give you 2 choices.

10. William Fox

William Fox Member

Don't care. Blade marked A goes on motor marked A. B on B. It flies=me happy camper.

11. William Fox

William Fox Member

Jackson's diagram is from the manual.

KentA likes this.