Not a good day to fly..............again.................

Discussion in 'Flying' started by dragger201, Jan 3, 2018.

1. dragger201

dragger201 If it ain't broke, don't fix it??? You kidding?

Damn......found some good areas where I could safely(as far as open ground) get up and get some good shots of NOLA. But I just can't bring myself to break basic rules and I do use the app from the FAA to check flight spaces. OH well..........wanted to spend time with kids and grandkids.......

Screenshot_2018-01-03-06-25-57.png

Since the backyard has been done and I won't get any vid/pic of NOLA, here's my lovely wife.........36 years and going strong.............

20180101_123329.jpg
    20180101_123601.jpg

Rick M, RENOV8R and mozquito1 like this.
  2. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

She doesn't even look 36, you old dog. ;)
    Good to put a face to you.

dragger201 likes this.
  3. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

Have you gone to Google Earth and actually looked at some of those areas? Many locations especially helipads, don't even exist any more. I've got 2 helipad warning areas near me, 1 is now in the middle of a subdivision and the other is on the 6th fairway of a new golf course. As far as muni airports, you can call the tower and advise them of your intentions. In my experience, they appreciate you calling and just ask a couple basic questions like height and area you're flying. Great pic BTW, beauty and the beast :)

4. dragger201

Are you sure??? I broke 3 cameras before one held long enough to get that shot................

Rick M and mozquito1 like this.
  5. dragger201

Yeah, I got phone numbers and did the google earth thing etc, etc in the hopes for this morning...............but early morning recon(check UAV Forecast over coffee)...........winds 10+mph with gusts to 20+mph............and it's cold...........

6. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

You know, she's standing right behind you............

dragger201 and mozquito1 like this.