No telemetry on Bayangtoys X21

Discussion in 'Parts & Components' started by droner265, May 28, 2018.

1. droner265

droner265 Member

I bought a Bayangtoys x21 drone which works great apart from this one flaw; on the transmitter, the distance, height, speed, compass direction, drone battery level and satellite connection aren't showing up or sometimes show up but have a huge latency. Someone suggested that a GPS module may be at fault but follow me and point of interest both work. Could there be an issue with the drone sending the data back to the drone? I have contacted Banggood and am waiting for a reply.

Any help appreciated.

2. John Scott

John Scott Member

Try removing batteries from everything. Your flying in GPS mode I assume and not non GPS ? It doesn't make sense in a way because if everything is working in GPS mode other then your transmitter display, I'm guessing a poor solder joint to the screen or a broken wire to the screen.

3. droner265

droner265 Member

I will try removing the batteries when I fly this afternoon. It definitely isn't a poor solder joint to the screen as when I turn it on, all the segments light up before the quad binds. I am in contact with Banggood about ordering new GPS modules. GPS definitely works thought as you can see the quad hold its position. There could be a bad connection in the quad?
    Thanks for your help

4. John Scott

John Scott Member

I never had this issue or even heard of it happening before. Very strange that it fly's correctly but nothing coming in on the screen or it's intermittently working ? When you bind to the copter do you hear a distinct beep from the transmitter ? You should here a distinct beep from the transmitter that your bound to the quad.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  5. droner265

droner265 Member

Yes. I can upload a video if that helps. The battery voltage and number of connected satellites don't display correctly either. It seems as if there is an issue with the drone transmitting data back to the transmitter. There must be a 2-way communication system (I assume).

6. John Scott

John Scott Member

Try binding to your quad. You should get a beep from your transmitter telling you your bound correctly. You may not be properly bound to the quad. Turn quad on then transmitter in that order.

7. droner265

droner265 Member

8. John Scott

John Scott Member

It appears you are binding correctly and getting a solid red light on the transmitter. You have issues that I've never seen before going on with your display on the transmitter and I'm not sure what is causing it. Give it some time to acquire satellites. Gps should flash on the screen.

9. droner265

droner265 Member

Banggood say they don't stock the transmitter. I don't suppose you know who does?

10. droner265

droner265 Member

About the red light, it is solid to start with and then starts rapidly blinking during flight along with the GPS status.

11. John Scott

John Scott Member

It should do that and that is normal, it's telling you your in GPS.

12. droner265

droner265 Member

Does that mean the transmitter is connecting to GPS?

13. John Scott

John Scott Member

Try going out of GPS mode and briefly flying non GPS close to the ground. Then go back to GPS.

14. droner265

droner265 Member

I tried that and it made no difference. I hopefully have a new drone on the way though!