1. NOTICE: We're currently noticing some EMAIL DELIVERY ISSUES to Outlook and Hotmail email addresses. If you're a new member and don't receive your confirmation email, feel free to reach out to us via the contact link at the bottom right of the page.
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie having trouble

Discussion in 'Flying' started by richje100, Jan 2, 2017.

1. richje100

richje100 New Member

Hi guys,
    My kids bought themselves a sky quad plus v2 each and took it flying today.
    The quad seems to just keep going forward with little response to the directional stick.
    Instructions show you can trim it but seems only it's going left or right.
    Wondering if it's actually flying sideways and not forwards? There's lights underneath two white (which I assumed was the front) and two coloured.
    Am I missing something? Completely new to this so excuse me if it's something simple.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  2. I'm very new to the hobby as well so don't take my word 100% but yes the white lights should be the front and im unfamiliar with that quad is it a micro? And do both quads drift in the same way?

3. richje100

richje100 New Member

4. So the right stick does nothing? Does this quad have different rates or sensitivity settings?

5. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Try this.

6. Bradmadison

Bradmadison Member

The lens of the camera is the front

7. richje100

richje100 New Member

Thank you, I'll give this a go tomorrow .

8. richje100

richje100 New Member

It seems to do a little but not enough to turn right around etc.... as soon as you push the throttle it lifts then moves forward.
    It has different speed settings and as per manual set it to speed 1 to start off with.