New batteries last for a minute.

Discussion in 'Newb Guides' started by Wolfiefish, Jan 11, 2018 at 10:00 PM.

1. Wolfiefish

Wolfiefish Member

Hello all.
    I have a Syma X5UC drone. I recently bought 6 new batteries from Amazon. I charged them up and they all work for about 20 seconds, with a solid light on the drone, then the lights start flashing.
    The battery that came with the drone lasts for about 5 to 6 minutes.
    I charge them individually by plugging then into the usb port of my pc. But still the 6 batteries do not last long. But the original one does.
    Am I doing something wrong? Wrong with charging then. I wait until the red light turns off before unplugging them.
    Advice would be fully appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

So all the batteries use the same charger?

3. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

Are they the same mah & how long did you charge them for.
    I had a 120 size jjrc a while back & I bought 4 extra batteries with a 4in1 charger. I found that it didn't charge them fully when the light came on. I was getting about 4min off an 50min charge. Them an extra 2 min off just over an hour.

4. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

Do you have a multimeter to check the voltage of the batteries? The should read 4.2 volts when fully charged

5. mozquito1

I just found this.
    b0d6e355-63b9-46b4-b49b-3f3f6c79e1eb-1024x674.jpg
    So if you bough extra proprietary batteries & they don't work send them right back.

6. DroneVideos.com

DroneVideos.com New Member

Did you charge them before you flew the first time? (if they are not holding a charge, it's definitely possible they are defective).

7. Wolfiefish

Wolfiefish Member

The 6 came with this multi charge unit. I used that the first time. But since that I have used the charger that came with the drone. It charges them individually, via a usb connector. I've connected then to my pc, a laptop, and even a phone charger

8. Wolfiefish

Wolfiefish Member

I assume they are, all 500mah. That's what I ordered. They charge for about 30 minutes. That's all. Then the light goes off. Should I just keep them plugged in, even though the light on the charger has gone out?

9. Wolfiefish

Wolfiefish Member

10. Wolfiefish

Wolfiefish Member

Yes, that's the one I got. I've bought extra batteries from two different places and they all don't work in the same way. Very strange

11. Wolfiefish

Wolfiefish Member

I don't have one. I'm new to all this drone stuff. But I'll try to get one.

12. Wolfiefish

Wolfiefish Member

Yes I did charge them

Yes.

13. mozquito1

Try charging them for an hour after it says charged. Then if u can get hold of a multimeter, check the voltage.

14. Wolfiefish

Wolfiefish Member

Voltage says 4.2. but this is after the light goes out.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018 at 5:32 PM
  15. RENOV8R

Light goes out because 4.2 = fully charged.

Jackson likes this.
  16. Wolfiefish

Wolfiefish Member

So at 4.2 it's fully charged. Any ideas why it only lasts a minute in flight before blinking? I'm stumped

17. mozquito1

I would send them back & try a different retailer. Seems odd to get 6 duds though.
    But it does happen, I got 4out of 5 dud cloned esc's, once. Now I try not to buy clones unless a customer doesn't want to fork out.

18. Wolfiefish

Wolfiefish Member

Thanks for all your advice. I've contacted the seller from Amazon.

19. RENOV8R

That's about all you can do. In fact, if a lipo was too sit in storage too long (warehouse) and the voltage dropped too low (under 3.0 volts) it's quite possible they can be damaged beyond repair.