My turn to try to return a found drone.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by joester, Feb 4, 2018.

1. joester

joester New Member

Found one in the yard.
    I posted to Craigslist locally looking for someone to provide a make/model and had several responses, but nobody has yet to properly identify it so..
    Here's my question -
    If you were to lose your drone, went to high, wind gust blew it out of range, whatever and you lost it, WHERE WOULD YOU LOOK ONLINE TO TRY TO FIND IT?

The one I have is not a high dollar one, but it has a 720P camera that still has the protective plastic shipping film on it. No doubt a Christmas present and I'm sure there is a kid somewhere with the other half of this quadcopter and I want to return it to him or her.

Besides Craigslist, is there another way?

2. Tentoes

Tentoes Active Member

Well, first off, let us know where you found it. Not Wagoner County Oklahoma? Hmm, not mine.

3. Carlos O

Carlos O New Member

New guy here. Being that I lost one (not a high end one, but still fun). I would look at the model and calculate its range. Then from there set a radius from where it landed. At least that would be a start.
    After the radius is set, maybe print out a sort of lost and found page and slip it in mailboxes nearby. The claimer should be able to bind their control to the quad or have proof its theirs. Good luck.

4. joester

joester New Member

Found in Vestal, NY. Range is +/- 15 minutes of flight time, Dense suburb area. Thousands of households/flyers to print and deliver.....
    As stated, not a high end quadcopter and I would come close to the expense of it trying to return it.

5. Carlos O

Carlos O New Member

In your case, not going to work.

Now you made me think of putting my info on my next one. Good luck!

6. Rick M

Rick M Absent-minded professor

I don't sweat putting my information on my less expensive quads, but the ones that I have some money invested in have my FAA# and my phone#, plus "reward" on them.

Carlos O, KentA and Spork like this.
  7. Tentoes

Tentoes Active Member

Not mine. It wouldn't have flown that far and was headed North West.

Rick M likes this.