My HGLC F4 V5 PRO died after first flight and will not power up using USB

Discussion in 'Parts & Components' started by eddie613, Dec 24, 2017.

1. eddie613

eddie613 New Member

I recently built a drone using the HGLC F4 V5 PRO, got everything working, and flew it for about a minute. I landed it hard enough to flip over but not hard enough to break anything. After the landing it became completely unresponsive. I have taken it apart and attempted to reconnect to Betaflight to see if I could fix it, but when I plug in the USB there is no response from the fc or my computer. Also if I plug in the battery I get a solid blue led. Is there a fix or is it toast?

2. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

Blue led is power I think. You may have bust the USB socket. The only way to know for sure now is through a uart with an ftdi chip or maybe a Arduino nano.
    Just don't forget to connect Tx to rx & RX to Tx. This is the only other way to access the flight program. Sorry. But it does look like you killed it. $40 down the WC.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
    eddie613 likes this.
  3. mozquito1

It should obviously last longer than it did but that's the problem with AIO boards if things start breaking then the whole thing is kuput. It may have been a case where a solder joint came loose & shorted something. Have you got a servo tester to see if the ESC are OK as well.

eddie613 likes this.
  4. eddie613

eddie613 New Member

All the solder joints were fine it was more of a quick landing on a hill, not nearly hard enough to kill anything, but the grass was wet. The motors still make slight movement when I plug them in with the lipo. Also the board chirps the first half of the checkout when I plug in to the battery. I am very new to all this, but from what I've seen this is just a bad board (the boot button also fell apart so even if I could reboot this thing I wouldn't be able to put it in bootloader mode anyway).

5. mozquito1

The button is only a contact. Still possible to use. Wet grass can cause shorts. Let it dry out properly. Like a few days, Try again. If not, unsolder the board free.
    Try it on its own. That way your ready for a new board. If you intend to fly in wet conditions I can recommend conformal coating for the fcb. I Have a totally waterproofed 130. Esc's motors fcb rx vtx & camera. But I still not gonna fly over a lake. In fact just as careful as if it wasn't. It's the only one I will fly in this weather.

6. mozquito1

IMG_20171224_210428537_HDR-768x1367.jpg IMG_20171224_215334197-1024x575.jpg
    Sorting some Lipo's.
    IMG_20171223_163849352_HDR-1024x575.jpg
    Fitting a new fcb, some kind chap adam gave to me. Soz for hijacking your thread but I'm bored. Good luck.

Gyro Doctor likes this.