My first drone

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Signo11, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Signo11

Signo11 Member

Hi, I want to buy my first drone; my budget is 130/150€
    I really care about the camera for good photo and video. Can you help me?
    Thank you

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  2. Signo11

Signo11 Member

3. dragger201

dragger201 If it ain't broke, don't fix it??? You kidding?

Hey Signo, welcome aboard. My own recommendation would be a Syma X8hg. It has altitude hold and it will take a beating. There are others in your price range but I've not flown them. Another I could recommend is the Bwhoop B03 but it is only for indoors. But it is pretty inexpensive..............

4. Signo11

Signo11 Member

I have the action cam xiaomi yi 4k 12 mp if is possible install on the drone
    But is not better Bugs 3 then Syma?

5. dragger201

dragger201 If it ain't broke, don't fix it??? You kidding?

I would have to say yes the Bugs 3 is better, but only because it has brushless motors. But I haven't flown one. Also, your camera can be mounted to the X8hg but you will need a simple gimbal...........

6. Signo11

Signo11 Member

Can you link me the gimbal? :) But the xiaomi yi 4k has a digital stabilizer (gyro); is not enough?
    I've seen some videos on YouTube of X8hg but you see the drone parts while you make the video

7. Signo11

Signo11 Member

I can raise my budget to 200 € if there are a drone with good cam

8. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

The Bugs3 is far better, especially if you want to mount a full weight action cam and gimbal.

9. Signo11

Signo11 Member

But there isn't barometer

10. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

You have a rather heavy camera @ 95g . If not a gimbal you at least need an anti-vibration mount. I don't know if this will fit your camera I just posted for reference.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Sale-S...epid=0&hash=item212c298290:g:Di0AAOSwv2FZjtyD
    Note it weighs 40g + the camera = 135g. The Syma camera has no battery and comes in at ~ 18g. Can the Syma lift it? Sure, but the increased weight will significantly impact the Syma's brushed motors, longevity and run times will suffer. Not only do the Bugs' robust brushless motors provide more thrust, their longevity will far surpass the Syma's.

It's up to you. Good luck.

11. Signo11

Signo11 Member

And something else under 200€?

12. Gadget Inspector

Gadget Inspector Be good to somebody and be good to yourself.

You can't go wrong with either one of these: (Bayangtoys X16) OR as others have mentioned (Bugs 3). The thing I like about the X16 is it has GPS. The Bugs 3 is a great inexpensive bird as well. In the video I have my Gitup Git2 Action Cam mounted. Curious what you think about these.

13. Signo11

Signo11 Member

This 2 drone are under 100€ not under 200 :)
    Yes maybe I take Bugs 3, in the video there is a gimbal on the camera or nothing? Because I have Xiaomi Yi 4k 12 mp and is very nice cam. Yes the gitup git2 is good but I chose the yi 4k one years ago :)
    Bugs 3 or bayangtoys x16?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  14. Gadget Inspector

I say both, but if I had to choose between the two it would be the X16 for video/photography and the Bugs 3 for performance and occasional video/photography. I mainly fly my Bugs sporty and fast since it doesn't have altitude hold.

15. Signo11

Signo11 Member

Yes I need for video and photo not for race :D
    But for the Bugs 3 I saw on the Youtube that is possibile take off the led and put the cam for fpv; is important for the video see the preview

16. Signo11

Signo11 Member

The X21 is not better?

17. Gadget Inspector

I haven't flown that one so I'm not sure. It has more features though.

18. Signo11

Signo11 Member

In the end I took the Xiaomi drone 4k for 305€ on Gearbest and JJRC H31 for training (22€) :)

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  19. Gadget Inspector

Two excellent choices! I would like to get. Ahold of that Mi drone. I have the H31; great cheap quad that you can fly all winter. Congrats!

20. Signo11

Signo11 Member

I took H31 to learn how to pilot the drone :) but the MI drone 4k will it resist cold temperatures? (-10 C°)