Mtech Sky drone pro v2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Meatloaf, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Meatloaf

Meatloaf Member

I know its not expensive but has any one got experience with this . My camera is not hd as suggested on the box and the 4 lower buttons on controller do not seem to do anything , other than the light one. It even has a return button that does nothing !!
    .There is no lcd so I an unaware of how to check settings , such as power , batterys , trimming etc

Thanks

Dave

2. Meatloaf

Meatloaf Member

Seems its not a popular one !

3. Andy B

Andy B Member

We got one for xmas. it flys really nicely but would agree that the camera isn't hd as advertised

4. RGJameson

RGJameson Hanging in there...

Stick with official brand names in the future, not some who-knows-what rebadges.

Jackson likes this.
  5. Meatloaf

Meatloaf Member

Will do but price was right to try out the hobby . I will get a phantom eventually !

6. Meatloaf

Meatloaf Member

Thanks Andy , does your have lcd panel on controller ? Mine does not and 3 of the 4 buttons on the bottom dont seem to take pics/video or indeed anything (light works )

7. Andy B

Andy B Member

Hi Meatloaf, Same here, no lcd, the light button works, but photo, video and return have no effect. Video works ok with the app but was very grainy. I'll try it again in brighter daylight ( hopefully ! )

8. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

What was the price?

9. Andy B

Andy B Member

£99 in the UK

10. Jackson

11. Andy B

Andy B Member

It looks similar but isn't the same. The guy in the shop said it is Syma based but the case, legs, guards etc are all different to Syma parts. It also uses a 7.4V 1000 mAh battery. I'm not sure where/how they measure these but overall size with the guards on is 44cm x 44cm x 17cm high. From prop centres is 21cm x 21cm.

12. Jackson

What's the diagonal motor distance, center to center?

13. Andy B

Andy B Member

14. Jackson

15. Meatloaf

Meatloaf Member

Hi Andy
    Dont know where your flying but up here in the North east everywhere is water logged!! . Desperate to get out and try it with a go pro on .
    Are you generally happy with yours , does it hover and remain in control ,mine didn't seem to come back . Do you fly with camera facing front or rear Andy ?
    Im not sure with the controller how your meant to know when you have done a task successfully ( ie trimming , headless mode )
    Sorry for questions but its nice to find a fellow user

Cheers

Dave

16. Andy B

Andy B Member

Hi Dave, Yes we're happy with ours. The camera quality could have been a bit better though, I've seen You Tube videos from the Sky Drone Plus and I'm sure that has better quality shots. Reading the instruction leaflet it says the camera should have an SD card slot in it. Ours has a cut out but there isn't an SD slot inside (I've taken it apart to have a look).
    It does hover fairly stable and is quite responsive. I've only just worked out how to go into Headless Mode so haven't had the chance to fly in that mode. That is the mode you have to be in for it to return to you. I've tried it out in the kitchen tonight and when I pressed return it did make it move back to me ! but I'd like to try it outside and see how well that works.
    I haven't really had the need to trim the controls yet, it isn't really that clear if the quad needs to be hovering to trim it or if it can be done while it's on the ground.
    Hopefully I'll get to try it outside this weekend, I might even let my son have a go, it is his present after all !

Cheers

Andy

17. Ironforge

Ironforge Member

Hi there. I'd agree with Jackson and say it's an X8 clone. Did you purchase from Red5? I'm looking at either the X5 or X8 quad myself. Red5 do them both as well as their MTEC model.

18. Andy B

Andy B Member

Yes, bought ours from Red 5, there's an extra 15 % off at the moment too ! :(

19. Ironforge

Ironforge Member

Thought so. Is the range decent with it and is it nice and stable in flight? Probably veering towards the X5 but if it's worth investing a little more (especially with the 15% sale on) I may order the X8. I've seen the mtec (pro and v2 models) in store but not the X8 although it's available online. I had an x5 clone as a xmas gift but 2 motors were goosed so never even managed to take off! So I'm reluctant to buy a clone (it was a top race q511 from Amazon which is being returned. )

20. Andy B

Andy B Member

aka Fineco FX7Ci , but with different legs