MJX Bugs 6

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by justdon, Feb 14, 2018.

1. justdon

justdon Member

I ordered an mjx bugs 6.And being new to this just wanted some opinions on it from those that own one.At the present time I own a jjrc h32gh/syma x5c and a visuo xs809hw that I love.I see a lot of good reviews on you tube and other places about the bugs 6.

2. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Should be fine, they make good products. I see spares are available. And unlike the Bugs 2 you can use regular batteries.

This looks worth investigating, good reviews.
    https://www.banggood.com/MJX-B6-Bug...-p-1190294.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN

3. burnham187

burnham187 Member

I know its late but you should of waited for the 8 pro that will be out next month. I plan on getting the 8 pro.

4. justdon

justdon Member

I had no idea.But who knows that might end up in my hands also.

5. burnham187

burnham187 Member

6. justdon

justdon Member

Mjx seems to make some pretty good drones.

burnham187 likes this.
  7. Rick M

Rick M Absent-minded professor

They do for sure. My concern with the 8 is how well it will fly in acro mode. Not compatible with Betaflight so you can't tune it. And no way that quad gets 12 minutes on a 3s 1300mah battery. I fly my Bugs 3 on 3S batteries (1806 motors) and get about 12-14 minutes on a 2700mah battery without powering a vtx.

8. justdon

justdon Member

I have one more question.I was out flying my quads today at a park and met a guy that said he started to buy one but they can have motor problems.Anyone know or has experienced this problem.He said he also saw some videos on you tube that mentioned that.I only found one video that stated that.

9. burnham187

burnham187 Member

I know the video you are talking about. But watching that video they crashed it a couple times before it had a problem which it then started working again anyway. Most likely they got something lodged in the motor and it came lose allowing it to work again after that. User error not the device.

10. justdon

justdon Member

Being new at this I just want to check to make sure.

11. burnham187

burnham187 Member

As already mentioned here if you can I would wait till the 8 pro comes out next month.

12. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

The review I saw, the only way to get in/out of acro was a switch under the canopy.

13. Rick M

Rick M Absent-minded professor

I'm a fan of MJX, but not sure about this one. I guess time will tell.

14. justdon

justdon Member

Mine has shipped and on the way.I don't want to cancel it.And if the 8 is that good could end up with that too.

burnham187 and Spork like this.
  15. justdon

justdon Member

Okay I was out all day today got home and my 6 had arrived thank god for good neighbors.He got it and held it for me.I don't know about anyone else here but lately people have been stealing packages.They caught a lady and her son hopefully they were the ones.Back to the 6.I charged it up it starts up and seems okay.I will fly it tomorrow I love the looks of it and hope I have good luck with it.

Spork, Rick M and burnham187 like this.
  16. Spork

Spork Well-Known Member

1) Stay away from trees.
    2) You will probably crash (possibly a lot) - try to fly over grass.
    3) Stay away from trees.

Have fun with it, Don. If you're like many of us, you will be smiling afterwards and ordering extra batteries while you're home waiting on the ones you have to charge.

justdon likes this.
  17. justdon

justdon Member

Ok got to fly it today.Flew my syma x5c and my visuo xs809hw first I always do ok with those two.Then brought out the 6 after I tumbled/cartwheeled and flipped it more time than I can count I think more than a gymnast at practice.Then I settled down a bit and started to find out for myself this is an awesome machine.It seems faster and more powerfull than everything else I own.Is it just me because it seems like it is heavier than some other drones.Most of all it took my abuse and time and time again all I had to do was set it upright and it was ready to go again with no damage.Do I like it no I love it.

Spork and Rick M like this.