Looking for a RTF drone (that may not exist)

Discussion in 'Ready to Fly Quads' started by Radium_Angel, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Radium_Angel

Radium_Angel Member

Good afternoon,

I am a photographer (I mentioned this briefly in the Intro section) looking to add a drone to my studio. It will be 90% indoor shoots with occasional location work. I do fetish/fashion/art nude work (aka working with the female model figure)

This is what I am looking for, which may, or may not, exist:

Quad with prop guards/ducts/shrouds (sorry, not certain of the proper terminology here) so I don't hurt anyone if I get too close.
    Gimballed mount for the camera (I assume they are all remotely controlled, if not, that's obviously a requirement)
    High quality camera (720p min, 5MP min, ideally the more the better) with 30fps or very close to it.

Here is what I'd like to see in the drone:
    some kind of follow me/object avoidance programming
    removable storage (sd card or something)
    15 min (or better) flight time.

Yeah, probably asking for a lot. I know there are 2,000$+ drones out there that do this, but since I'm not certain I want to spend that kind of money on a device that may not work in my workflow, I'd just assume keep it under 500$, again, if possible. None of my rules are set in stone.

I'm planning on buying a "toy" drone (something in the 200$ range) to get the feel for it and see how I might best incorporate it into my work, but that's for another thread. Currently I am simply gathering information.

Thank you for your time.
    Cheers!
    RA

2. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

mozquito1, ringolong and burnham187 like this.
  3. Radium_Angel

Radium_Angel Member

4. Spork

Spork There is no spoon

ringolong likes this.
  5. RENOV8R

6. Radium_Angel

Radium_Angel Member

Thanks for the rundown. Will prove useful in my search for information.

Can't fly the Mavick Pro indoors?? Why?

7. RENOV8R

Well, you could in theory. But it's just too big and powerful, common sense says no

8. Radium_Angel

Radium_Angel Member

Gotcha. Well, there goes that idea (I liked what the mavick pro was offering)
    Back to the original suggestion, the spark, can I get shrouds/bumpers/etc for it to protect the spinning blades from the models?

9. RENOV8R

Yes, you can. Actually there are lots of accessories available. I'd definitely go with the fly-more combo which comes with the controller, spare props and extra battery, charging station and nice carrying case
    Spark 004.JPG

Spork likes this.
  10. Radium_Angel

Radium_Angel Member

Thank you, that is a nice combo set.
    Price isn't bad either (at least on eBay, unless you have a preferred seller for these sort of things?)
    So, now, a quad that is easy to fly indoors that is an "inexpensive" toy to practice on. Any preferences? Something that wont' break the bank while I learn to fly it and invariably break it?

11. Spork

Spork There is no spoon

Have a look through the many other threads where people are looking for similar. Jackson and others have made a lot of suggestions and posted review/shopping links for a lot of great quads at different price points.

12. Radium_Angel

Radium_Angel Member

Thank you kindly, I shall do so.
    Cheers!
    RA

Spork likes this.