Kiss fc issues, any help appreciated.

Discussion in 'Newb Guides' started by MilesJohnsonFpV, Dec 9, 2016.

1. MilesJohnsonFpV

MilesJohnsonFpV New Member

Hey guys, let me start off by saying i'm as green as they come in the field of drones. I recently started building my own fpv drone. and i'm almost done but i'm stumped about 4 hours of research today led me nowhere. Part of my issue is that i'm running non kiss esc's from my kiss fc. i've read that its possible and ive got them powering up and all but the app shows my plm's fading on all my motors except 4 and when i try taking off my drone immediately starts to wobble. I'm sure someone here has a ton more experience than i do and could help. thanks in advance, Miles.

2. holtneil

holtneil Well-Known Member Moderator

Hi mate may just be gains to high fast wobble is the P gain slow wobble I gain.
    If the motors stutter then it's an esc problem not all escs work on all motors well

3. Wildwelder

Wildwelder Well-Known Member

When I saw Kiss in your title all I thought about was Gene Paul Peter and Ace. So maybe Im not the guy to respond, but good luck;)

4. MilesJohnsonFpV

thanks guys, i bought the motors and the esc's as a bundle so im sure that they'd work together, but then again one never knows ill try adjusting the p and i gain and report back what do you mean by the motors stuttering?

5. holtneil

A stutter is were the motor stops and start very fast looks like they are kicking
    Some motors only work well on a blheli flashed esc

6. MilesJohnsonFpV

when i first power up my quad all my motors kick just small increments. i found my wobbling was just an issue with my firmware. Kiss to have a slogan like keep it super simple nothing seemed to be simple about any of it other than soldering the board up. firmware was a pain to flash getting my aux commands to stick took me all of 45 minutes to an hour. but now that its done its done that's one positive. For my first build things went relatively smooth and ive learned a few important things. thanks a ton holtneil for your input. I'm sure if you were here id have been done a week ago. For anyone reading this thinking about building a drone DO YOUR RESEARCH before you buy anything how serious do you want to get? let that impact your build.

my esc's were bl heli and the bit of flying i did with it today felt very smooth now i get to wait for the snow to melt before i get to have too much fun.

7. holtneil

Hi mate so glad you got it sorted .I know it's been hard work but that's makes it all the sweeter that it's fixed