Just acquired a used vortex 285mm race quad

Discussion in 'RTF Modification & Repair' started by mmeyne, Jan 7, 2017.

1. mmeyne

mmeyne Member

So I don't have a transmitter/receiver so the only thing I can do is turn it on and see that the camera works on my monitor. In the next couple days I'm going to be buying some props, couple extra batteries, trans/receiver, and a battery charger. Is there anything major that could be wrong with anything about the drone? I know motor failure and etc but that would be an easy fix. However I am extremely new to this and just would like some heads up to possible errors I may encounter. Thanks!

2. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Only time will tell. Good Luck.

3. mmeyne

mmeyne Member

Thanks any tips to what to do next after I get my transceiver/receiver set up?

4. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

What flight control board does it have?

5. mmeyne

mmeyne Member

It has an integrated flight control board with cleanflight installed stock. But I do not know if the previous owner made changes to it. He had a miniosd like I pictured in my other thread you have been helping me on. So I'm super new and do not know exactly what I have right now. And who I bought it from was very foreign and I couldn't understand too much :/. But I only traded for like 200$ value so I think I got a good deal... hopefully haha
    Thanks again for all your help,
    Mike