Issue about transmitter signal output flashing

P

psicmar-6

If you are having issues about your transmitter signal output blinking, i can give you a full explanation. what is for, how to use it and when, is a very useful function.
I will send it in two or three parts because apparently is to long.

I’m a new member and I don’t know how this forum works entirely. sorry. I’m a RC model airplane flier since several years and drones for a few.

About the issue of the transmitter signal indicator flashing I will explain. most transmitters have a function that allows you to lower the signal output. this is so you can perform a range signal test.
before you fly your new model is extremely important to do the following

first you must make Shure you have brand new battery’s in your transmitter, and the drone battery fully charged and do it where you have plenty of space, no high voltage wires and nothing in between you and your drone.
In the syma x8 series pressing the right trim in the right stick keeping it pressed and turning on the transmitter in the same time the signal indicator will start flashing. this means that the transmitter enter in low signal output.
next you turn on the drone link it and move the throttle so the motors start turning but just enough to not take off.

P

psicmar-6

This is the following part

now you will start walking away slowly from your drone checking that every function is working properly. you continue walking further playing with the sticks in the same fashion until you reach a reasonable distance let’s say 20, 30 meters.
if the drone is still working you are OK. continue walking and if the drone stops responding you stop there. it does not have to be until there is not response but about the distance I mention before is o.k.
the interesting part and the main reason is this
if your drone does not respond. when you are in a short distance let’s say 5, 8,10 meters or less you are in trouble.
this means that the transmitter and drone failed the test. do not fly
what to do? you most likely have a problem with some of the two antennas of the transmitter or the drone or both.
you have to open the transmitter and the drone so you can check that the antennas are well orientated or well connected, no wires very near the antennas or on top of them. all this diminish the output or receiving the signal considerably.
once you convinced that now is working. perform the test again. You don’t have to reassemble the drone completely, you can leave out the props the stands, but close it completely. and so on until works properly. if no matter what you fix, the test keeps failing then you have faulty drone mother board or the same faulty transmitter. sometimes that happens but not to often.
if you fixed the problem. or there was none from the first test. now you disable the function, the signal output will be back to normal and the signal will not blink anymore. and the drone range should be according the specs of the drone. You can perform this test as many times you consider it necessary.

now you can fly much more securely.
some transmitters may vary in the way you activate or deactivate this function depending on the brand model etc. very basic or small drones may don’t have it.

I hope this will help you

ENJOY YOUR DRONE