Is it possible to connect this transmitter to the receiver

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by DiscrafT, Dec 28, 2017.

1. DiscrafT

DiscrafT Member

Hello there,
    I hope that this is the right place for my question :)
    I'm new to this but I bought one damaged hexacopter and it was paired with this TX and RX (pictures are included bellow)
    and it was weird because to the drone it was connected by Optima 7CH RX but it is not the original one included with rx. When I power up my TX and also that original blue RX (I'm not sure about the brand there is only RX 400 4ch receiver 2.4GHz FHSS) they will connect to each other and I can see the green LED when they are connected. But if I try to connect that TX to Optima RX it is not working. It is possible to connect different brands? I would like to use that Optima 7 one but at least tell me how to connect that blue 4ch one to my DJI Naza V2 Flight Controller because if I connect it according to manual it is not working. I saw some videos where they pair both things by pressing link button but the receiver does not have any.
    If it's necessary I can measure these radios with my spectrum analyzer.

ESC: Hobbywing platinum 30A

Thank you in advance :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

Sorry that naza won't work with that Tx.
    Or the 3rd one. So with that pair you do have, you only have 4 channels.
    You might be able to get a 6ch rx for that radio Tx. But if I where you I would just buy a fsi6 cheap & versatile radio set.
    I think you need spectrum Tx to work with the naza. They not cheap.

3. DiscrafT

DiscrafT Member

Should I buy a new TX for that Optima 7 RX? And if yes could you send me a link on hobbyking? I'm thinking about Taranis X9D FrSky

4. mozquito1

I wouldn't. If anything I would buy a cheap FS-i6 that will do pwm 6ch with stock rx. Enough to fly a quad. But for an extra £15, you can get a ia6b or ia6c
    That will do pwm, ppm, ibus .
    Obviously the taranis is a better Tx but
    An FS-i6 is a really good radio for its price. The range at my haunts are 600-800
    Meters.in the 3yesrs I had it, I've had one dropout. But if you got the cash to splash go for a taranis with the M9 gimbal.

5. mozquito1

I just recently only swapped to ibus from ppm. Not a massive difference but noticeable & better response. Pwm is old hat. How old is that optima & the tx/rx.

6. DiscrafT

DiscrafT Member

I don't know nothing about that drone. My brother brought it to home from his friend and told me repair it if you want it. I don't have boxes from parts, names, software I have to look for all things. But he told me that he was using that cheap TX and optima was on board when I was exploring it. The frame is in very good shape without any visible cracks. Only one arm was broken

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

Tarot 680 Pro

8. mozquito1

You can't fly that with a 4ch tx/rx,
    Your gonna have to upgrade to atleast a 6ch. & that optima isn't compatible I don't think. Unless the previous owner did then that should surfice . I just googled the optima 7 rx, you may want to Google hitec Aurora 9 Tx. Which is compatible. If you don't want to spend that type of money then just get a Flysky-i6, then we can help. But I really recommend at least a fsi6.
    for around £30 there is a few on here who would recommend one as a starter.
    I still have mine after 3years.
    Can you figure out what flight control board is in it. Or does RENOV8R know :cool:

9. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

Naza-M Lite

10. DiscrafT

DiscrafT Member

No. I'm using DJI Naza V2

11. DiscrafT

DiscrafT Member

Yes. Thank you!
    This thing?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Is this for FPV?
    [​IMG]
    Another question. From one motor on this gimbal is stripped off cable. It is possible to fix it? Because I can't dissasemble it like brushless motor by unscrewing and taking it apart. Because I wan't to solder to it another and maybe use it for secondary cam or action cam.
    [​IMG]

12. Enzo Ferrari

Enzo Ferrari Member

try a spectrum dx line. those are amazing.

13. DiscrafT

DiscrafT Member

Yes they are nice but they are overkill for what I need as a beginner.

14. mozquito1

That wire I don't think it can be fixed, other than rewinding the motor with the same gauge coated wire. If you could get the housing off to get at it, with some expert soldering you could join it. But you would have to heat shrink each wire separate as the joint would not be covered with the plastic coating.
    As for the blue fcb, wow I've never seen one before. But it looks like it could goto the moon.
    The last picture has me stumped as it looks like it has an omni directional antenna, but on the left the small black circle looks like a microphone.
    So if you can hook a ground power & signal on it then yes.
    Most of my knowledge is with acro quads upto 250 size. I pick some other stuff on the way. I can still take pictures & stuff, I just don't want or need a big platform like yours.

15. mozquito1

I just found it, it's an S-OSD OSD with flight control rembizi.
    So if you Google this & pinout after it, you should find a diagram of inputs & outputs. Get yoself a multimeter with continuity test.

16. DiscrafT

DiscrafT Member

Of course but everything has its own purpose. Anyway thank you so much for your advice I will probably buy that flysky Fsi6 and I will hope that 6ch will be enough and could be paired with that naza flight controller. Btw. if you want to I can post other images and my progression when I will have something new. And last thing, I'm now making one (I hope awesome) video in which I will explain everything about ESCs and make one 6ch ESC controller with programming and info menu.
    Some screens. from the video.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. DiscrafT

DiscrafT Member

Thank you for the model number. I can see on the Internet some nice wiring schematics, but one maybe stupid question, Why do I need that board when I already have DJI naza which is controlling everything? I'm a bit confused.

18. DiscrafT

DiscrafT Member

PS: I have some good electronic equipment.

19. mozquito1

The fsi6 when bought is a standard 6ch pwm rx. Enough to fly a Quadcopter.
    Ch1=elevon
    Ch2=aileron
    Ch3=throttle
    Ch4=yaw
    Ch5= Aux1 (arm switch)
    Ch6=Aux2 (modes)

Which uses the 2 sticks & 2 switches which can be assigned.

If you where to buy an ia6b rx & do a firmware upgrade on the fsi6. You can have a 10 channel setup & use all the switches. But you will need a cheap £3
    S cable. Yes post pictures if you like just try make it close up for detail. Good luck

20. DiscrafT

DiscrafT Member

Thank you for the channel description. I will do some research tomorrow and order it.